Christmas Recipes - Roast local partridge with creamed potato & roast root vegetables
Roast local partridge with creamed potato & roast root vegetables
MethodPreheat oven to 170�C.
1. Dice all the vegetables to the same size and place them into a roasting tray, season with salt and pepper and add a good splash of olive oil before mixing, then place into the oven.
2. Whilst the vegetables are roasting, put your potatoes into a pan with the skins still on. Cover with cold water, add a pinch of salt and bring them to the boil, then simmer until cooked. Cooking in the skins will giveyou a drier mash which is easier to work with when adding butter and cream, leaving a richer taste.
You may also want to watch:
3. Once cooled remove from the heat and drain using a cloth. Peel off the outside skins and mash well, slowly adding as much or as little butter and cream- according to your preference.
4. Once your root vegetables are nearly cooked, add the golden syrup and continue to roast for 10 minutes before removing from the oven.
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 5 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 6 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 7 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 8 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 9 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
- 10 Affordable housing changes for 100 Avenue Road will test Camden's resolve
Syrup is a better option than honey as it has a higher burn factor leaving a delicious golden glaze.
5. Seal the partridge on all sides in a frying pan then place into the oven- still at 170�C, for 8- 10 minutes until firm. Remove and rest the partridge on a cooling wire for 5 minutes.
6. Remove the legs and the breast from the bone as you would a chicken and serve with the creamed potato, roasted vegetables and beef stock sauce.
The Bear's Paw, School Lane,Warmingham, Sandbach, CW11 3QN01270 526317www.thebearspaw.co.uk