Christmas Recipes - Chocolate Log with Biscuits and Nuts
The Chocolate Log220g Dark Chocolate Chips170g Unsalted Butter1 Tsp Instant Coffee Granules50g Soft Brown Sugar225g of Digestive Biscuits (Crushed)100g Whole Toasted Almonds100g Cherries25ml/ 1 shot of Brandy100g Walnuts Roughly Chopped
For the Ganachè200g Dark Chocolate150ml Double Cream25ml/ 1 shot of Brandy
The Chocolate Log
You may also want to watch:
1. In a medium size saucepan, melt together the Butter, Coffee Granules & Soft Brown Sugar and add the Dark Chocolate Chips & Brandy to the mixture.
2. When it is a smooth consistency, remove from the heat and stir inthe Walnuts, Toasted Almonds, Crushed Biscuits & Cherries.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 3 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 4 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 5 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 6 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 7 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 8 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 9 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 10 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
3. When the mixture is all blended together turn it onto a large sheetof double folded grease proof paper, form the mixture into a sausage shape and roll up the grease proof paper, then tighten both ends to resemble a log.
4. Place the log in the fridge and chill for 2 hours until firm.
For the Ganachè
1. Melt the Chocolate & add the Double Cream & Brandy until it forms a Chocolate sauce. Leave for 30 minutes to rest.
2. Take the log out from the fridge & remove the paper, place on a long serving plate.
3. Spread the Ganache over the log
4. Create a rustic effect in the Ganache using a fork.
CHAPTERS HOTEL & RESTAURANT27 High Street, Stokesley, TS9 5ADHead Chef: Victoria Vassallo