Christmas Recipes - Chocolate Log with Biscuits and Nuts
The Chocolate Log220g Dark Chocolate Chips170g Unsalted Butter1 Tsp Instant Coffee Granules50g Soft Brown Sugar225g of Digestive Biscuits (Crushed)100g Whole Toasted Almonds100g Cherries25ml/ 1 shot of Brandy100g Walnuts Roughly Chopped
For the Ganachè200g Dark Chocolate150ml Double Cream25ml/ 1 shot of Brandy
The Chocolate Log
You may also want to watch:
1. In a medium size saucepan, melt together the Butter, Coffee Granules & Soft Brown Sugar and add the Dark Chocolate Chips & Brandy to the mixture.
2. When it is a smooth consistency, remove from the heat and stir inthe Walnuts, Toasted Almonds, Crushed Biscuits & Cherries.
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
3. When the mixture is all blended together turn it onto a large sheetof double folded grease proof paper, form the mixture into a sausage shape and roll up the grease proof paper, then tighten both ends to resemble a log.
4. Place the log in the fridge and chill for 2 hours until firm.
For the Ganachè
1. Melt the Chocolate & add the Double Cream & Brandy until it forms a Chocolate sauce. Leave for 30 minutes to rest.
2. Take the log out from the fridge & remove the paper, place on a long serving plate.
3. Spread the Ganache over the log
4. Create a rustic effect in the Ganache using a fork.
CHAPTERS HOTEL & RESTAURANT27 High Street, Stokesley, TS9 5ADHead Chef: Victoria Vassallo