Christmas Recipes - Chocolate Log with Biscuits and Nuts
The Chocolate Log220g Dark Chocolate Chips170g Unsalted Butter1 Tsp Instant Coffee Granules50g Soft Brown Sugar225g of Digestive Biscuits (Crushed)100g Whole Toasted Almonds100g Cherries25ml/ 1 shot of Brandy100g Walnuts Roughly Chopped
For the Ganachè200g Dark Chocolate150ml Double Cream25ml/ 1 shot of Brandy
The Chocolate Log
You may also want to watch:
1. In a medium size saucepan, melt together the Butter, Coffee Granules & Soft Brown Sugar and add the Dark Chocolate Chips & Brandy to the mixture.
2. When it is a smooth consistency, remove from the heat and stir inthe Walnuts, Toasted Almonds, Crushed Biscuits & Cherries.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 6 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 7 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 8 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 10 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
3. When the mixture is all blended together turn it onto a large sheetof double folded grease proof paper, form the mixture into a sausage shape and roll up the grease proof paper, then tighten both ends to resemble a log.
4. Place the log in the fridge and chill for 2 hours until firm.
For the Ganachè
1. Melt the Chocolate & add the Double Cream & Brandy until it forms a Chocolate sauce. Leave for 30 minutes to rest.
2. Take the log out from the fridge & remove the paper, place on a long serving plate.
3. Spread the Ganache over the log
4. Create a rustic effect in the Ganache using a fork.
CHAPTERS HOTEL & RESTAURANT27 High Street, Stokesley, TS9 5ADHead Chef: Victoria Vassallo