Christmas Recipes - Chocolate Log with Biscuits and Nuts
The Chocolate Log220g Dark Chocolate Chips170g Unsalted Butter1 Tsp Instant Coffee Granules50g Soft Brown Sugar225g of Digestive Biscuits (Crushed)100g Whole Toasted Almonds100g Cherries25ml/ 1 shot of Brandy100g Walnuts Roughly Chopped
For the Ganachè200g Dark Chocolate150ml Double Cream25ml/ 1 shot of Brandy
The Chocolate Log
You may also want to watch:
1. In a medium size saucepan, melt together the Butter, Coffee Granules & Soft Brown Sugar and add the Dark Chocolate Chips & Brandy to the mixture.
2. When it is a smooth consistency, remove from the heat and stir inthe Walnuts, Toasted Almonds, Crushed Biscuits & Cherries.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 4 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 5 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 6 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 7 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 8 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 9 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 10 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
3. When the mixture is all blended together turn it onto a large sheetof double folded grease proof paper, form the mixture into a sausage shape and roll up the grease proof paper, then tighten both ends to resemble a log.
4. Place the log in the fridge and chill for 2 hours until firm.
For the Ganachè
1. Melt the Chocolate & add the Double Cream & Brandy until it forms a Chocolate sauce. Leave for 30 minutes to rest.
2. Take the log out from the fridge & remove the paper, place on a long serving plate.
3. Spread the Ganache over the log
4. Create a rustic effect in the Ganache using a fork.
CHAPTERS HOTEL & RESTAURANT27 High Street, Stokesley, TS9 5ADHead Chef: Victoria Vassallo