Christmas lights spread some festive cheer in South End Green
The angelic voices of a children’s choir captivated crowds at the turning on of the South End Green Christmas lights.
Pupils from Gospel Oak Primary School, in nearby Gordon House Road, spread some festive cheer by performing a medley of carols with their brass band.
Jonathan Bergman, who works at Amberden Estate Agents in South Hill Park, said: “The children were quite amazing. They were just dead normal children but they had incredible voices.
“What really stood out was that we had somebody come along from Sarajevo with his daughter who was no more than 10, and she sang Smile. It just broke your heart it was so good. She sounded like Amy Winehouse, she was fabulous.
“The best thing was that it was community led, this year that really came across.”
You may also want to watch:
The lights, which were switched on last Friday afternoon (November 18), were funded by Camden Council.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'