Christmas comes early at Primrose Hill pub
- Credit: Archant
Christmas decorations in the high street seem to go up earlier and earlier every year, with TV commercials advertising present ideas from October.
But one Primrose Hill pub has become one of the first to kick off preparations with a Christmas event designed to lure in local businesses this festive season.
The Princess of Wales pub in Chalcot Road held its first ever ‘Night Before Christmas’ event last week (Tuesday July 30), complete with sleighs full of presents, pine cones, baubles and a plastic model of an elf.
The pub invited local businesses to sample festive canapés, including mini turkey burgers and Somerset brie with cranberry jelly, as well as a specially created cocktail using marmalade, gin and honey.
Manager Wendell Nisly said: “People did think it was odd but they really enjoyed the food and it got people talking about what they’re doing at Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
“It was something unusual to do, especially because it was on a hot, sunny day.”
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 3 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 6 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 7 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 8 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans