Christmas comes early at Primrose Hill pub
- Credit: Archant
Christmas decorations in the high street seem to go up earlier and earlier every year, with TV commercials advertising present ideas from October.
But one Primrose Hill pub has become one of the first to kick off preparations with a Christmas event designed to lure in local businesses this festive season.
The Princess of Wales pub in Chalcot Road held its first ever ‘Night Before Christmas’ event last week (Tuesday July 30), complete with sleighs full of presents, pine cones, baubles and a plastic model of an elf.
The pub invited local businesses to sample festive canapés, including mini turkey burgers and Somerset brie with cranberry jelly, as well as a specially created cocktail using marmalade, gin and honey.
Manager Wendell Nisly said: “People did think it was odd but they really enjoyed the food and it got people talking about what they’re doing at Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
“It was something unusual to do, especially because it was on a hot, sunny day.”
- 1 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 2 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 3 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 4 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 8 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 9 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 10 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close