Christmas comes early at Primrose Hill pub
- Credit: Archant
Christmas decorations in the high street seem to go up earlier and earlier every year, with TV commercials advertising present ideas from October.
But one Primrose Hill pub has become one of the first to kick off preparations with a Christmas event designed to lure in local businesses this festive season.
The Princess of Wales pub in Chalcot Road held its first ever ‘Night Before Christmas’ event last week (Tuesday July 30), complete with sleighs full of presents, pine cones, baubles and a plastic model of an elf.
The pub invited local businesses to sample festive canapés, including mini turkey burgers and Somerset brie with cranberry jelly, as well as a specially created cocktail using marmalade, gin and honey.
Manager Wendell Nisly said: “People did think it was odd but they really enjoyed the food and it got people talking about what they’re doing at Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
“It was something unusual to do, especially because it was on a hot, sunny day.”
- 1 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 6 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 7 Camden's deputy mayor ditches Labour to join Greens
- 8 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched