Chris Philp leads Glenda in race for Westminster seat
IN your article covering Sayed Hoque s defection to the Lib-Dems (We can take over the town hall, H&H February 12) there was a quote from their Parliamentary candidate, Ed Fordham, about how his party would be placed to do well across Camden in future loc
IN your article covering Sayed Hoque's defection to the Lib-Dems (We can take over the town hall, H&H February 12) there was a quote from their Parliamentary candidate, Ed Fordham, about how his party would be placed to do well across Camden in future local and parliamentary elections.
This statement clashes with other information, including a recent Observer article which put Conservative candidate Chris Philp just ahead of labour incumbent Glenda Jackson (36 per cent to 34 per cent), with Mr Fordham a distant third with 23 per cent.
This also matches the recent Assembly elections results wherein Conservatives edged out Labour with the Lib-dems a distant third in our constituency and a fourth throughout Camden!
Far from indicating people coming to the Lib-Dems, these facts would suggest the opposite, and that Tories and Labour are the main contenders for the seat.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Fordham is clearly sticking to his party line, regardless of the contradictons reality brings up. But when he makes such statements to a reputable local paper like the Ham&High, he should be aware that local concerned citizens will spot the obvious Mandelson-like party spin and call him out on it.
- 1 Driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police - Porsche seized
- 2 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 3 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 4 Planning application nears for Murphy's Yard redevelopment
- 5 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 6 Mikel Arteta must trust Gabriel Martinelli against Villarreal
- 7 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 8 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 9 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 10 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music event for 'healthy hedonists'
West End Lane, NW6