Chris Philp leads Glenda in race for Westminster seat
IN your article covering Sayed Hoque s defection to the Lib-Dems (We can take over the town hall, H&H February 12) there was a quote from their Parliamentary candidate, Ed Fordham, about how his party would be placed to do well across Camden in future loc
IN your article covering Sayed Hoque's defection to the Lib-Dems (We can take over the town hall, H&H February 12) there was a quote from their Parliamentary candidate, Ed Fordham, about how his party would be placed to do well across Camden in future local and parliamentary elections.
This statement clashes with other information, including a recent Observer article which put Conservative candidate Chris Philp just ahead of labour incumbent Glenda Jackson (36 per cent to 34 per cent), with Mr Fordham a distant third with 23 per cent.
This also matches the recent Assembly elections results wherein Conservatives edged out Labour with the Lib-dems a distant third in our constituency and a fourth throughout Camden!
Far from indicating people coming to the Lib-Dems, these facts would suggest the opposite, and that Tories and Labour are the main contenders for the seat.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Fordham is clearly sticking to his party line, regardless of the contradictons reality brings up. But when he makes such statements to a reputable local paper like the Ham&High, he should be aware that local concerned citizens will spot the obvious Mandelson-like party spin and call him out on it.
- 1 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 2 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 3 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 4 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 5 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 6 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 7 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 8 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 9 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
West End Lane, NW6