Chris Philp leads Glenda in race for Westminster seat
IN your article covering Sayed Hoque s defection to the Lib-Dems (We can take over the town hall, H&H February 12) there was a quote from their Parliamentary candidate, Ed Fordham, about how his party would be placed to do well across Camden in future loc
IN your article covering Sayed Hoque's defection to the Lib-Dems (We can take over the town hall, H&H February 12) there was a quote from their Parliamentary candidate, Ed Fordham, about how his party would be placed to do well across Camden in future local and parliamentary elections.
This statement clashes with other information, including a recent Observer article which put Conservative candidate Chris Philp just ahead of labour incumbent Glenda Jackson (36 per cent to 34 per cent), with Mr Fordham a distant third with 23 per cent.
This also matches the recent Assembly elections results wherein Conservatives edged out Labour with the Lib-dems a distant third in our constituency and a fourth throughout Camden!
Far from indicating people coming to the Lib-Dems, these facts would suggest the opposite, and that Tories and Labour are the main contenders for the seat.
Mr Fordham is clearly sticking to his party line, regardless of the contradictons reality brings up. But when he makes such statements to a reputable local paper like the Ham&High, he should be aware that local concerned citizens will spot the obvious Mandelson-like party spin and call him out on it.
- 1 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 2 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 3 What is the rare 'monkeypox' being treated at the Royal Free?
- 4 Businesses hail return of Highgate's Fair in the Square
- 5 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 6 TfL: Revamped Northern line latest addition to ever-improving network
- 7 Warnings issued after four fox clubs found stuck in old car wheels
- 8 Court: Disciplinary rules not followed in 'unfair' sacking, lawyer suggests
- 9 Fears over large nitrous oxide cannisters found in Gospel Oak
- 10 Hampstead to welcome boho women's lifestyle brand Free People
West End Lane, NW6