Chris Martin and David Walliams among stars to donate items to car boot sale for refugees
- Credit: PA WIRE
Coldplay’s Chris Martin, Blur drummer Dave Rowntree and comedian David Walliams are among Camden stars to donate items to a celebrity car boot sale to raise funds for Syrian refugees.
Hampstead art gallery Zebra One, in Perrin’s Court, has also donated artwork to the event including images of Kylie Minogue, by Phil Knott, and work by celebrity street artist Dom Pattinson.
The Star Boot Sale 2016 will also feature signed books and photos from comedian and actor Stephen Fry, a lampshade donated by TV presenters Ant and Dec and an antique gramophone donated by Coldplay.
The event, to be attended by many of the stars who have donated items, will take place in the carpark of the Old Truman Brewery, in Brick Lane, E1, on May 22 at 11am. There will also be an accompanying online auction.
Blur drummer Dave Rowntree, who has donated a signed gold album and polaroid of the band, has just returned from visiting the refugee camps in Jordan run by the International Rescue Committee.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I met some of the children we had helped and it was incredible to hear stories of children being reunited with their families. The trip was both humbling and inspiring.” All the money raised will go directly to fund two mobile health clinics in Jordan.
Tickets for the event are on sale at www.starbootsale.comThe online auction will go live on May 19th at 8pm.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 3 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 4 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 7 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 8 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 9 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 10 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair