Chorizo, tomato and bean casserole recipe
Chorizo, tomato and bean casserole
A favourite dish for Norfolk smallholder John Kenny is the chorizo, tomato and bean casserole which John created one evening when stumped for something to cook for tea! “My wife has what I call a proper job, so I do all the cooking,” he laughs. “I looked in the cupboards and we had a tin of flageolet beans, a tin of chopped tomatoes and in the fridge were some of our own chorizo sausages. I threw them all in a pot with some onions and herbs and cooked them for about 20 minutes. When we ate the meal with some pasta, even I was surprised at how good it tasted.”
You may also want to watch:
1tbsp of olive oil1 pack of chorizo sausages1 clove of garlic (finely chopped)1 onion (finely chopped)1 red chilli (deseeded and finely chopped)400g tin of chopped tomatoes400g tin of butter beans8oz of pasta1tbsp coriander (chopped)1tbsp basil (chopped1tbsp chives (chopped)
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 3 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 4 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 5 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 6 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 7 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 8 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 9 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
1 Put the oil in the pan over a medium heat.
2 Add the sausages and brown slightly.
3 Add the garlic, onion and chilli to the pan and soften slightly.
4 Pour in the tomatoes, add the beans and stir through with the sausages.
5 Place the lid on the pan and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes, until sausages are cooked through and piping hot.
6 Cook the pasta as per instructions on the packet.
7 When sausages are cooked, remove from the heat and keep warm. Strain the pasta, add to the casserole and stir in.
8 Add herbs and season to taste.