Chocolate torte with Chantilly cream, blueberries and orange syrup
Chocolate torte with Chantilly cream, blueberries and orange syrup by David Henry, head chef at The Clubhouse at Rockliffe Hall
For the torte mix
250g Dark chocolate, 250g Milk chocolate, 300ml Milk, 500ml Double cream1. Place the chocolate in a large, heat-proof bowl2. Warm the milk and half the double cream and pour over the chocolate3. Whip the remaining cream and fold into the chocolate
For the biscuit base
You may also want to watch:
2 packets Digestive biscuits (crushed), 150g Butter (melted), 100ml Golden syrup1. Mix the biscuits with the melted butter and syrup. Put in metal rings and chill until set2. Pour the chocolate mix over and chill againFor the orange syrup250ml orange juice, 250ml caster sugarPut the orange in a pan with the sugar and bring to the boil, reduce by half.
For the Chantilly cream
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 4 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 5 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 6 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 7 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 8 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 9 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
- 10 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
250ml Double cream, Half a vanilla pod, 100g caster sugar1. Put the cream, sugar and vanilla in a bowl2. Whisk until they form firm peaks. To finish blueberries, to garnish