Chimney pot causes traffic chaos on Archway Road
THE Archway Road has been partially closed today (Wednesday) causing huge traffic tailbacks, as fire fighters work to secure the roof of a prestigious Highgate music venue.It is understood that a chimney pot fell off the roof of the Red Hedgehog at 2.30
THE Archway Road has been partially closed today (Wednesday) causing huge traffic tailbacks, as fire fighters work to secure the roof of a prestigious Highgate music venue.
It is understood that a chimney pot fell off the roof of the Red Hedgehog at 2.30am today and smashed on the pavement and into the road.
Police have closed one lane of the Archway Road to give the fire brigade access to the roof of the music venue, which hosts performances by world-renowned classical musicians.
Dr Paul Ryan, 44, who lives in Highgate said: "I was going to get the newspaper from the Archway Road this morning and bricks had fallen off a chimney pot onto the pavement and into the road.
You may also want to watch:
"There were three police cars, two ambulances and two fire engines here. It was chaos."
A spokeswoman for Haringey Police said: "Police were called at 11.35am by the London Fire Brigade to reports of an unstable chimney. We closed one lane of the Archway Road to allow the fire brigade to have access to the chimney."
- 1 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 2 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 3 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 4 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 5 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 6 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
- 7 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 8 Anorexia was nurtured and nourished by lockdown – and the media
- 9 Revealed: The five most polluted places in Camden
- 10 Crouch End join cricketing and cultural exchange programme
For the full story and pictures see the Ham&High newspaper on sale tomorrow (Thursday February 25).