Chimney pot causes traffic chaos on Archway Road
THE Archway Road has been partially closed today (Wednesday) causing huge traffic tailbacks, as fire fighters work to secure the roof of a prestigious Highgate music venue.It is understood that a chimney pot fell off the roof of the Red Hedgehog at 2.30
THE Archway Road has been partially closed today (Wednesday) causing huge traffic tailbacks, as fire fighters work to secure the roof of a prestigious Highgate music venue.
It is understood that a chimney pot fell off the roof of the Red Hedgehog at 2.30am today and smashed on the pavement and into the road.
Police have closed one lane of the Archway Road to give the fire brigade access to the roof of the music venue, which hosts performances by world-renowned classical musicians.
Dr Paul Ryan, 44, who lives in Highgate said: "I was going to get the newspaper from the Archway Road this morning and bricks had fallen off a chimney pot onto the pavement and into the road.
"There were three police cars, two ambulances and two fire engines here. It was chaos."
A spokeswoman for Haringey Police said: "Police were called at 11.35am by the London Fire Brigade to reports of an unstable chimney. We closed one lane of the Archway Road to allow the fire brigade to have access to the chimney."
- 1 Ashling Murphy: Camden pays tribute to murdered primary school teacher
- 2 Drug runner caught at Euston with heroin in underwear jailed for four years
- 3 North London road and rail disruptions in the week ahead
- 4 The story of a pond returning to Hampstead Heath
- 5 Hampstead retail site snapped up for £7m by property firm
- 6 How a stray Hampstead cat changed the life of artist Louis Wain
- 7 Nine of London's best vegan restaurants to try this Veganuary
- 8 Fire brigade extinguish St Pancras station electrical fire
- 9 How the battle for Hampstead Heath inspired the National Trust
- 10 Cirque du Soleil: Luzia Royal Albert Hall ****
For the full story and pictures see the Ham&High newspaper on sale tomorrow (Thursday February 25).