Chimney pot causes traffic chaos on Archway Road
THE Archway Road has been partially closed today (Wednesday) causing huge traffic tailbacks, as fire fighters work to secure the roof of a prestigious Highgate music venue.It is understood that a chimney pot fell off the roof of the Red Hedgehog at 2.30
THE Archway Road has been partially closed today (Wednesday) causing huge traffic tailbacks, as fire fighters work to secure the roof of a prestigious Highgate music venue.
It is understood that a chimney pot fell off the roof of the Red Hedgehog at 2.30am today and smashed on the pavement and into the road.
Police have closed one lane of the Archway Road to give the fire brigade access to the roof of the music venue, which hosts performances by world-renowned classical musicians.
Dr Paul Ryan, 44, who lives in Highgate said: "I was going to get the newspaper from the Archway Road this morning and bricks had fallen off a chimney pot onto the pavement and into the road.
"There were three police cars, two ambulances and two fire engines here. It was chaos."
A spokeswoman for Haringey Police said: "Police were called at 11.35am by the London Fire Brigade to reports of an unstable chimney. We closed one lane of the Archway Road to allow the fire brigade to have access to the chimney."
- 1 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 2 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 3 Alexandra Palace: 2 hospitalised in Red Bull's Soapbox Race
- 4 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 5 In pictures: Wacky racers descend on Alexandra Palace for soapbox challenge
- 6 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 7 Camden watchmaker launches crowdfunding campaign
- 8 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 9 Start-up delivers home cooked meals to your door
- 10 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
For the full story and pictures see the Ham&High newspaper on sale tomorrow (Thursday February 25).