Child rushed to hospital after falling out of window in Kentish Town
- Credit: Archant
A young child has been rushed to hospital after falling from the first floor window of a house in Kentish Town.
The incident happened in Marsden Street at 11am today.
An air ambulance landed at nearby Talacre Green in front of the Talacre Community Sports Centre.
Paramedics rushed to the scene and the one-year-old boy was carried to an ambulance and taken to St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington.
A London Ambulance spokesman said: “We were called at around 11am to reports of a fall from a height in Marsden Street.
You may also want to watch:
“We sent a responder car, an ambulance crew, and London’s air ambulance to the scene.
“We treated a child at the scene.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 3 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
- 10 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
“He was taken as a priority to St Mary’s Hospital, a major trauma centre, escorted by a doctor from London’s air ambulance.”
The boy’s family this afternoon said he was going to be okay but made no further comment.
Chris Knight, 66, a former Hampstead Town councillor, who was passing on his motorbike when the incident happened, said: “I came up the road to find some slowing of the traffic and the air ambulance was coming in to land at Talacre Green in front of the sports centre.
“There were a couple of blue flashing lights from police vans so I stopped.
“In nearby Marsden Street a child appeared to have fallen out of a window and to the street down below.
“There were a number of police and paramedic-type people around the area of the house looking down onto the ground.
“They brought out what looked like a child being carried by its father and put him into the ambulance and off it went with a police escort.”