Chicken Muglai recipe - Sachins Restaurant, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Murgh (Chicken) Muglai Preparation time: 25 Minutes and overnight marinating Cooking time: 55 Minutes Ingredients: 175 ml natural yoghurt 2 teaspoons turmeric 1 clove garlic 1.5 kg chicken cut into equal size pieces 125g vegetable oil 2 Large onion sliced 1 teaspoon of ground ginger 2" piece of cinnamon stick 5 cloves (Laung) 5 Ground cardamom pods 1 table spoon crushed coriander seeds 1 teaspoon ground cumin ½ teaspoon chilli powder 1 teaspoon salt 2 teaspoons almond flakes to garnish coriander leaves to garnish Method Put the yoghurt, turmeric and a clove of garlic into a food processor and blend to a smooth paste. Put the chicken pieces into a dish and pour the mixture over the chicken.
Cover the dish and leave to marinate in the fridge overnight. Get a non stick pan and add the oil and warm through.
Once the oil has warmed, add finely chopped onions and keep stirring until caramelised.
Add remaining spices and continually keep stirring. Add chicken pieces with any remaining yoghurt marinade.
Cover the pan with a tight fitting lid and simmer for about 45 minutes stirring occasionally (add water if you like the dish too have more sauce).
You may also want to watch:
Once the chicken has cooked through, transfer to a serving dish and scatter with almond flakes and coriander.
Sachins RestaurantForth Banks,Newcastle upon Tyne,NE1 3SG0191 261 9035/232 4660www.sachins.co.uk
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 6 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 7 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 8 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 9 'State pension must be raised or older people face a dismal future'
- 10 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched