Chicken Muglai recipe - Sachins Restaurant, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Murgh (Chicken) Muglai Preparation time: 25 Minutes and overnight marinating Cooking time: 55 Minutes Ingredients: 175 ml natural yoghurt 2 teaspoons turmeric 1 clove garlic 1.5 kg chicken cut into equal size pieces 125g vegetable oil 2 Large onion sliced 1 teaspoon of ground ginger 2" piece of cinnamon stick 5 cloves (Laung) 5 Ground cardamom pods 1 table spoon crushed coriander seeds 1 teaspoon ground cumin ½ teaspoon chilli powder 1 teaspoon salt 2 teaspoons almond flakes to garnish coriander leaves to garnish Method Put the yoghurt, turmeric and a clove of garlic into a food processor and blend to a smooth paste. Put the chicken pieces into a dish and pour the mixture over the chicken.
Cover the dish and leave to marinate in the fridge overnight. Get a non stick pan and add the oil and warm through.
Once the oil has warmed, add finely chopped onions and keep stirring until caramelised.
Add remaining spices and continually keep stirring. Add chicken pieces with any remaining yoghurt marinade.
Cover the pan with a tight fitting lid and simmer for about 45 minutes stirring occasionally (add water if you like the dish too have more sauce).
You may also want to watch:
Once the chicken has cooked through, transfer to a serving dish and scatter with almond flakes and coriander.
Sachins RestaurantForth Banks,Newcastle upon Tyne,NE1 3SG0191 261 9035/232 4660www.sachins.co.uk
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 8 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 9 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'