Cheryl Cole creates stir in Highgate
HIGHGATE has been awash with rumours that pop star Cheryl Cole is looking to move there after her very public split from footballer husband Ashley Cole. The 26-year-old Girls Aloud singer and X Factor pop reality show judge, pictured, is reportedly intere
HIGHGATE has been awash with rumours that pop star Cheryl Cole is looking to move there after her very public split from footballer husband Ashley Cole.
The 26-year-old Girls Aloud singer and X Factor pop reality show judge, pictured, is reportedly interested in relocating from her Surrey mansion.
This follows allegations that her England and Chelsea star husband has been unfaithful.
Highgate traders have welcomed the idea of "the nation's sweetheart" joining the community.
Avril Castellazzo, of Walter Castellazzo Design shop, said: "Highgate would be an ideal place for her because there's enough privacy and seclusion. There are enough celebrities already living here for her to not feel swamped.
"Everyone fits in and gets along without being in each other's pockets. I just think she's a lovely person who would be a great addition."
- 1 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 2 Calls to make road in front of a Highgate school safer
- 3 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 4 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 5 Parliament Hill flower shop comes to pupils' rescue
- 6 Camden teacher's cycle ride to find a cure for daughter's 'sleeping beauty' syndrome
- 7 Positives for Arsenal despite missing top four
- 8 Covid: Slight rise in admissions but fewer patients in hospital overall
- 9 Nazanin was 'forced' to sign false confession by Iran
- 10 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
Chris Underhill, of Prickett & Ellis Underhill estate agents, said: "I've heard that Cheryl is looking to buy in Highgate but I haven't been approached by anyone directly. Celebrities like Highgate because they can live in relative anonymity without being hassled. George Michael and a few EastEnders stars live here and Clive Owen is often in Costa Coffee in the high street."
But a spokesman for Ms Cole denied that she would be moving. He said: "It's been in the newspapers but it's not true.