Cheryl Cole creates stir in Highgate
HIGHGATE has been awash with rumours that pop star Cheryl Cole is looking to move there after her very public split from footballer husband Ashley Cole. The 26-year-old Girls Aloud singer and X Factor pop reality show judge, pictured, is reportedly intere
HIGHGATE has been awash with rumours that pop star Cheryl Cole is looking to move there after her very public split from footballer husband Ashley Cole.
The 26-year-old Girls Aloud singer and X Factor pop reality show judge, pictured, is reportedly interested in relocating from her Surrey mansion.
This follows allegations that her England and Chelsea star husband has been unfaithful.
Highgate traders have welcomed the idea of "the nation's sweetheart" joining the community.
You may also want to watch:
Avril Castellazzo, of Walter Castellazzo Design shop, said: "Highgate would be an ideal place for her because there's enough privacy and seclusion. There are enough celebrities already living here for her to not feel swamped.
"Everyone fits in and gets along without being in each other's pockets. I just think she's a lovely person who would be a great addition."
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 6 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 7 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
Chris Underhill, of Prickett & Ellis Underhill estate agents, said: "I've heard that Cheryl is looking to buy in Highgate but I haven't been approached by anyone directly. Celebrities like Highgate because they can live in relative anonymity without being hassled. George Michael and a few EastEnders stars live here and Clive Owen is often in Costa Coffee in the high street."
But a spokesman for Ms Cole denied that she would be moving. He said: "It's been in the newspapers but it's not true.