Cheryl Cole creates stir in Highgate
HIGHGATE has been awash with rumours that pop star Cheryl Cole is looking to move there after her very public split from footballer husband Ashley Cole. The 26-year-old Girls Aloud singer and X Factor pop reality show judge, pictured, is reportedly intere
HIGHGATE has been awash with rumours that pop star Cheryl Cole is looking to move there after her very public split from footballer husband Ashley Cole.
The 26-year-old Girls Aloud singer and X Factor pop reality show judge, pictured, is reportedly interested in relocating from her Surrey mansion.
This follows allegations that her England and Chelsea star husband has been unfaithful.
Highgate traders have welcomed the idea of "the nation's sweetheart" joining the community.
You may also want to watch:
Avril Castellazzo, of Walter Castellazzo Design shop, said: "Highgate would be an ideal place for her because there's enough privacy and seclusion. There are enough celebrities already living here for her to not feel swamped.
"Everyone fits in and gets along without being in each other's pockets. I just think she's a lovely person who would be a great addition."
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 4 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 5 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 6 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 7 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 8 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 9 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 10 Letters: Local business, vaccination, Abacus and The Ponds
Chris Underhill, of Prickett & Ellis Underhill estate agents, said: "I've heard that Cheryl is looking to buy in Highgate but I haven't been approached by anyone directly. Celebrities like Highgate because they can live in relative anonymity without being hassled. George Michael and a few EastEnders stars live here and Clive Owen is often in Costa Coffee in the high street."
But a spokesman for Ms Cole denied that she would be moving. He said: "It's been in the newspapers but it's not true.