Chef's Christmas Recipes - Zarzuela, Plough Inn, Christleton
ZarzuelaA classic Catalan fish dish
16 fresh King prawns – shell on
500g Green Lip Mussels
500g Haddock cut into large pieces
You may also want to watch:
500g Fresh tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 2 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 3 British fencing great Richard Kruse announces retirement
- 4 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 5 House Tour Gayton Road: Split-level mid-century gem in Hampstead
- 6 In numbers: the Covid-19 vaccine roll-out in north London
- 7 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 8 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 9 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 10 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
500 Maris Piper potatoes, par boiled and chopped into large chunks
½ Pint fish stock
1 Large Spanish onion peeled and diced
4 Garlic cloves
1 Shot of brandy
Salt and cracked black pepper for seasoning
Handful of stoneless black olives (optional)
Juice of a freshly squeezed lemon
Saffron to taste
1 Large red pepper cut into 5mm slices
1 Yellow pepper cut into 5mm slices
150 ml of extra virgin olive oil
1. In a large pan sauté the diced onion in the extra Virgin olive oil.
2. Add the Brandy to the pan and cook with the onions to burn of the alcohol.
3. Combine the garlic, red and green peppers, diced tomatoes and chorizo and add to the pan and cook on a medium heat for 5 mins.
4. Then add the haddock pieces, King Prawns, Green Lip Mussels, par boiled potatoes and fish stock and cook for a further 8 mins.
5. Finally, season with salt and pepper to taste, add the lemon juice and the saffron and finish with a flourish of black olives.
Serve with fresh crusty bread of your choice
Plough Lane, Christleton,Chester, Cheshire CH3 7PT01244 336 096www.theploughinncheshire.co.uk