Chef's Christmas Recipes - Zarzuela, Plough Inn, Christleton
ZarzuelaA classic Catalan fish dish
16 fresh King prawns – shell on
500g Green Lip Mussels
500g Haddock cut into large pieces
You may also want to watch:
500g Fresh tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 4 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 5 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 6 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 7 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 8 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 9 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
500 Maris Piper potatoes, par boiled and chopped into large chunks
½ Pint fish stock
1 Large Spanish onion peeled and diced
4 Garlic cloves
1 Shot of brandy
Salt and cracked black pepper for seasoning
Handful of stoneless black olives (optional)
Juice of a freshly squeezed lemon
Saffron to taste
1 Large red pepper cut into 5mm slices
1 Yellow pepper cut into 5mm slices
150 ml of extra virgin olive oil
1. In a large pan sauté the diced onion in the extra Virgin olive oil.
2. Add the Brandy to the pan and cook with the onions to burn of the alcohol.
3. Combine the garlic, red and green peppers, diced tomatoes and chorizo and add to the pan and cook on a medium heat for 5 mins.
4. Then add the haddock pieces, King Prawns, Green Lip Mussels, par boiled potatoes and fish stock and cook for a further 8 mins.
5. Finally, season with salt and pepper to taste, add the lemon juice and the saffron and finish with a flourish of black olives.
Serve with fresh crusty bread of your choice
Plough Lane, Christleton,Chester, Cheshire CH3 7PT01244 336 096www.theploughinncheshire.co.uk