Chef's Christmas Recipes - Zarzuela, Plough Inn, Christleton
ZarzuelaA classic Catalan fish dish
16 fresh King prawns – shell on
500g Green Lip Mussels
500g Haddock cut into large pieces
500g Fresh tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 Police called to 'youth with knife trying to climb school gates'
- 2 Unarmed man shot by police during prison break was ‘lawfully killed’
- 3 Covid: North London hospital admissions rising amid national surge
- 4 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 5 Alexandra Palace: 2 hospitalised in Red Bull's Soapbox Race
- 6 Elvis Presley songwriter and former Ham&High columnist dies aged 82
- 7 'Hostility for LGBT+ people': Mike Freer resigns from Boris Johnson's government
- 8 George Michael’s Highgate piano sells for £200,000
- 9 Night-time fishing suspended at Vale of Health following 'antisocial behaviour'
- 10 Father's fear autistic son will 'dive through' window of unsafe West Hampstead home
500 Maris Piper potatoes, par boiled and chopped into large chunks
½ Pint fish stock
1 Large Spanish onion peeled and diced
4 Garlic cloves
1 Shot of brandy
Salt and cracked black pepper for seasoning
Handful of stoneless black olives (optional)
Juice of a freshly squeezed lemon
Saffron to taste
1 Large red pepper cut into 5mm slices
1 Yellow pepper cut into 5mm slices
150 ml of extra virgin olive oil
1. In a large pan sauté the diced onion in the extra Virgin olive oil.
2. Add the Brandy to the pan and cook with the onions to burn of the alcohol.
3. Combine the garlic, red and green peppers, diced tomatoes and chorizo and add to the pan and cook on a medium heat for 5 mins.
4. Then add the haddock pieces, King Prawns, Green Lip Mussels, par boiled potatoes and fish stock and cook for a further 8 mins.
5. Finally, season with salt and pepper to taste, add the lemon juice and the saffron and finish with a flourish of black olives.
Serve with fresh crusty bread of your choice
Plough Lane, Christleton,Chester, Cheshire CH3 7PT01244 336 096www.theploughinncheshire.co.uk