Chef's Christmas Recipes - Wild mushroom arrancini blue cheese fondue - Residence Restaurant & Bar
Wild mushroom arrancini blue cheese fondue served with poached pear and Waldorf salad (serves 4)
For the Arrancini:
500g Arborio Rice,
3 Banana shallots (fine diced),
You may also want to watch:
1 Bunch thyme, 1 Clove of garlic,
250ml White wine, 250ml Vegetable stock,
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 8 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
100g Unsalted English butter,
150g Blue cheese (Roquefort or Stilton),
250g Wild mushrooms, 1 Egg separated,
250g Seasoned breadcrumbs
For the Waldorf salad:
Walnuts (lightly roasted),
Granny Smith apple,
Iceberg/Cos/ Endive leaf,
Mayonnaise to bind
Poached Cheshire Pear:
Peel and poach in sugar stock syrup
1. Sweat down without colour the finely diced onions and garlic in the butter.
2. Add the thyme (leave in a bunch).
3. Add rice and cook out for 1 min without colour.
4. Add the white wine and reduce rapidly.
5. Add the veg stock and stir until rice is cooked enough for the first stage.
Remember not to cook completely at this stage as will be overcooked when reheated.
The rice should be pearlescent and have a little crunch to bite.
6. Spread out thinly on tray to cool and cover with greaseproof paper. If too much is on tray the rice will carry on cooking and be over cooked.
7. Once cooled, take 2 tablespoons of rice mixture in your hands and press together.
Place a few pieces of blue cheese and wild mushroom in the centre of of the rice and mould around filling. Making a rice ball.
8. Dip the rice ball into the egg white, coating thoroughly, then coat the in breadcrumbs.
Repeat the process until all the rice, blue cheese and mushrooms has been used up.
9. Place the rice balls on a tray and refrigerate.
10. Waldorf – bind all ingredients together.
11. Fan poached pear.
Residence Restaurant & Bar9 Mill Street, NantwichCheshire CW5 5ST01270 629100www.residenceuk.com