Chef's Christmas Recipes - Ribeye Steak, Ring O' Bells, Christleton
Ribeye Steak, Cheshire Cheese Dauphinoise and Sauce Béarnaise
1 x 20oz 28 Day Matured Aberdeen Angus Ribeye Steak (on the bone)
500g Potatoes (peeled and thinly sliced)
400ml Double cream
You may also want to watch:
1 tsp Finely chopped garlic
50g Cheshire cheese
- 1 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 5 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 6 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 7 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 8 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
- 9 Golders Green care home staff set for strike action
Salt and cracked black pepper
½ Large Shallot (finely chopped)
1 Bay leaf
50ml Raspberry vinegar
4 Egg yolks
125g Melted butter
1 tbsp Chopped fresh tarragon
1 t bsp Chopped fresh parsley
For the dauphinoise:
Combine the sliced potatoes, cream, garlic and seasoning, placein an oven proof dish and bake for 1 hour or until soft. Just before serving sprinkle the grated cheeses over the softened Potatoesand brown under a hot grill.
For the Béarnaise sauce:
Put the 4 egg yolks into heat proof bowl. Place the shallots, bay leaf, peppercorns, vinegar and water in a pan and reduce by half. Strain the reduction through a sieve onto the egg yolks, whisk the mixture constantly over a pan of boiling water until fluffy (do not get mix too hot, or your eggs will scramble!). Once the mix is fluffy slowly add the melted butter, drop by drop.
As the sauce begins to take shape, add the butter with more frequency. Add fresh herbs and season to taste.
For the steak:
Place a heavy duty frying pan over a high heat, drizzle some oil in the pan and put the steak in, brown evenly over the high heat and transfer directly to a hot oven, I like to roast a beef tomato in the pan at the same time too! Cook the meat to your liking and leave the meat to rest in a warm place.
Arrange the tomatoes and steak with the dauphinoise and finish with a good handful of watercress.
Ring O’ BellsVillage Rd, Christleton,Chester CH3 7AS01244 335422www.ringobellschester.co.uk