Chef's Christmas Recipes - Pork d'Orange - Blue Lion Inn, Denbighshire
Pork d'OrangeA family recipe evoking Christmas aromas
For the pork:Plain flour
You may also want to watch:
Ground mixed spices (cassia, coriander seed,caraway, ginger and cloves)
200 ml Chicken stock
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
Half onion (diced)
For the orange sauce:
200ml Orange juice
1 ½ Pinches of ginger
1 Pinch mixed spice
4 Dessert spoons brown sugar
Method1. Coat pork shanks in a flour base (flour, mixed spice and few pinches salt and black pepper).
2. Sear in a pan with a couple splashes of Cointraeu liqueur for 10 minutes.
3. Braising stage: add the pork shanks, chicken stock, 1 pint of water, onion, 2 oranges cut in half, in to a deep dish or casserole dish andbraise for 2 ½ hours checking half way and turning over. If the stock reduces add ½ pint water and 100ml chicken stock.
4. For the sauce: add ingredients in a pan together and simmer until thickened slightly.
5. Add mashed sweet potato (optional potato)and seasonal vegetables and finished with a steamed slice of orange for decoration.
Blue Lion Inn, CWM, Dyserth,Denbighshire LL18 5SG01745 570702www.bluelioninn.com