Chef's Christmas Recipes - Pork d'Orange - Blue Lion Inn, Denbighshire
Pork d'OrangeA family recipe evoking Christmas aromas
For the pork:Plain flour
You may also want to watch:
Ground mixed spices (cassia, coriander seed,caraway, ginger and cloves)
200 ml Chicken stock
- 1 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 2 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 3 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 9 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
Half onion (diced)
For the orange sauce:
200ml Orange juice
1 ½ Pinches of ginger
1 Pinch mixed spice
4 Dessert spoons brown sugar
Method1. Coat pork shanks in a flour base (flour, mixed spice and few pinches salt and black pepper).
2. Sear in a pan with a couple splashes of Cointraeu liqueur for 10 minutes.
3. Braising stage: add the pork shanks, chicken stock, 1 pint of water, onion, 2 oranges cut in half, in to a deep dish or casserole dish andbraise for 2 ½ hours checking half way and turning over. If the stock reduces add ½ pint water and 100ml chicken stock.
4. For the sauce: add ingredients in a pan together and simmer until thickened slightly.
5. Add mashed sweet potato (optional potato)and seasonal vegetables and finished with a steamed slice of orange for decoration.
Blue Lion Inn, CWM, Dyserth,Denbighshire LL18 5SG01745 570702www.bluelioninn.com