Chef's Christmas Recipes - Pork d'Orange - Blue Lion Inn, Denbighshire
Pork d'OrangeA family recipe evoking Christmas aromas
For the pork:Plain flour
Ground mixed spices (cassia, coriander seed,caraway, ginger and cloves)
200 ml Chicken stock
- 1 Spurs survive 'Lasagna-gate 2' and it's over to Arsenal
- 2 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 3 Man in his 30s stabbed to death
- 4 Hampstead pharmacy under investigation over extra charges for prescriptions
- 5 Motorcyclist injured in Highgate Hill collision
- 6 West Hampstead woman's kids' clothes success story
- 7 'Lianne La Havas gets big love from Koko crowd'
- 8 'The law isn't important to us': Car tyres deflated by activists in Camden
- 9 Single evokes lockdown 'fairytale' camp on Hampstead Heath
- 10 Beloved father choked to death on cauliflower after Highgate Care Home 'neglect'
Half onion (diced)
For the orange sauce:
200ml Orange juice
1 ½ Pinches of ginger
1 Pinch mixed spice
4 Dessert spoons brown sugar
Method1. Coat pork shanks in a flour base (flour, mixed spice and few pinches salt and black pepper).
2. Sear in a pan with a couple splashes of Cointraeu liqueur for 10 minutes.
3. Braising stage: add the pork shanks, chicken stock, 1 pint of water, onion, 2 oranges cut in half, in to a deep dish or casserole dish andbraise for 2 ½ hours checking half way and turning over. If the stock reduces add ½ pint water and 100ml chicken stock.
4. For the sauce: add ingredients in a pan together and simmer until thickened slightly.
5. Add mashed sweet potato (optional potato)and seasonal vegetables and finished with a steamed slice of orange for decoration.
Blue Lion Inn, CWM, Dyserth,Denbighshire LL18 5SG01745 570702www.bluelioninn.com