Chef's Christmas Recipes - Pork d'Orange - Blue Lion Inn, Denbighshire
Pork d'OrangeA family recipe evoking Christmas aromas
For the pork:Plain flour
You may also want to watch:
Ground mixed spices (cassia, coriander seed,caraway, ginger and cloves)
200 ml Chicken stock
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 3 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 4 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 5 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 8 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 9 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
Half onion (diced)
For the orange sauce:
200ml Orange juice
1 ½ Pinches of ginger
1 Pinch mixed spice
4 Dessert spoons brown sugar
Method1. Coat pork shanks in a flour base (flour, mixed spice and few pinches salt and black pepper).
2. Sear in a pan with a couple splashes of Cointraeu liqueur for 10 minutes.
3. Braising stage: add the pork shanks, chicken stock, 1 pint of water, onion, 2 oranges cut in half, in to a deep dish or casserole dish andbraise for 2 ½ hours checking half way and turning over. If the stock reduces add ½ pint water and 100ml chicken stock.
4. For the sauce: add ingredients in a pan together and simmer until thickened slightly.
5. Add mashed sweet potato (optional potato)and seasonal vegetables and finished with a steamed slice of orange for decoration.
Blue Lion Inn, CWM, Dyserth,Denbighshire LL18 5SG01745 570702www.bluelioninn.com