Chef's Christmas Recipes - Pork d'Orange - Blue Lion Inn, Denbighshire
Pork d'OrangeA family recipe evoking Christmas aromas
For the pork:Plain flour
You may also want to watch:
Ground mixed spices (cassia, coriander seed,caraway, ginger and cloves)
200 ml Chicken stock
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 7 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United
Half onion (diced)
For the orange sauce:
200ml Orange juice
1 ½ Pinches of ginger
1 Pinch mixed spice
4 Dessert spoons brown sugar
Method1. Coat pork shanks in a flour base (flour, mixed spice and few pinches salt and black pepper).
2. Sear in a pan with a couple splashes of Cointraeu liqueur for 10 minutes.
3. Braising stage: add the pork shanks, chicken stock, 1 pint of water, onion, 2 oranges cut in half, in to a deep dish or casserole dish andbraise for 2 ½ hours checking half way and turning over. If the stock reduces add ½ pint water and 100ml chicken stock.
4. For the sauce: add ingredients in a pan together and simmer until thickened slightly.
5. Add mashed sweet potato (optional potato)and seasonal vegetables and finished with a steamed slice of orange for decoration.
Blue Lion Inn, CWM, Dyserth,Denbighshire LL18 5SG01745 570702www.bluelioninn.com