Chef's Christmas Recipes - Oriental lamb with couscous, Plas Maenan Country House Maenan
Oriental lamb with couscous and minted yogurt dressing (serves 4)
1 Litre tomato juice
1tsp Cumin powder
You may also want to watch:
4 Lamb rumps
2 Maris Piper potatoes
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 4 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 10 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit
1 tsp Mild curry powder
1 tsp Turmeric
200g Fresh mint
400g Natural yogurt
1. Bring to the boil a litre of tomato juice with the addition of a teaspoon of powdered cumin and pour onto 400g of couscous. Cover with clingfilm.
2. Sear four trimmed mature lamb rumps and cook at 160oC in pre-heated oven for 8–12 minutes according to taste. Leave in warmplace to rest.
3. Boil two diced Maris Piper potatoes with a teaspoon of mild curry powder, a teaspoon of turmeric and a pinch of salt until soft. Drain and pour potatoes onto 300g of spinach to wilt.
4. Add 200g of freshly chopped mint to 400g of natural yogurt and season with sugar and vinegar to taste.
5. Place two tablespoons of couscous in the centre of a plate and put the spinach and potatoes on the top. Slice the lamb and arrange on the top. Drizzle with the minted yogurt and garnish with fresh coriander.
An Edwardian Country House situated on a shelf of rock, 300 ft above the river Conwy with spectacular views of Snowdonia and 5 star accommodation.
Winner AA Best Guest Accommodationfor Wales 2011/12
Plas Maenan Country HouseMaenan, Nr LlanrwstConwy LL26 0YR01492 660232www.plas-maenan-hotel.co.uk