Chef at Noel Gallagher’s local Indian restaurant Aroma Spice curries favour at food festival
- Credit: Archant
A Hampstead spice guru has been recognised as one of the top chefs of Indian food in the country at an international food festival.
Chef Suhel Ahmed, from Aroma Spice, in Fleet Road, was among seven chefs from the UK to showcase Britain’s favourite dish at the Taste of Britain Curry Festival in Slovenia.
His signature Papri Tiger Prawns dish went down a treat with curry lovers from 10 different countries.
He was rewarded with a special certificate from Andrew Page, the British ambassador to Slovenia, who was helping to host the event.
Mr Ahmed said: “Feedback from customers was very positive. They all seemed to have enjoyed my dish.”
You may also want to watch:
The restaurant’s owners say many celebrities, including former Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher, are regular customers.
- 1 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 5 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 6 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 7 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
- 8 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 9 Golders Green care home staff set for strike action