Chef at Noel Gallagher’s local Indian restaurant Aroma Spice curries favour at food festival
- Credit: Archant
A Hampstead spice guru has been recognised as one of the top chefs of Indian food in the country at an international food festival.
Chef Suhel Ahmed, from Aroma Spice, in Fleet Road, was among seven chefs from the UK to showcase Britain’s favourite dish at the Taste of Britain Curry Festival in Slovenia.
His signature Papri Tiger Prawns dish went down a treat with curry lovers from 10 different countries.
He was rewarded with a special certificate from Andrew Page, the British ambassador to Slovenia, who was helping to host the event.
Mr Ahmed said: “Feedback from customers was very positive. They all seemed to have enjoyed my dish.”
You may also want to watch:
The restaurant’s owners say many celebrities, including former Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher, are regular customers.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 5 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 6 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 7 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 8 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 9 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
- 10 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat