‘A great occasion’: Chaston Nursery holds graduation event for leaving children for 24th year
- Credit: Archant
Staff, parents and children at Chaston Nursery in Chalk Farm celebrated as 10 children graduate and move on to primary school.
The nursery school has held a graduation event every year since 1994, and this year 10 four year-olds took part in the ceremony.
Nursery manager Samantha Witten said: “It was a really lovely day. It was well-attended by the whole nursery family and a great occasion.
“I think it’s almost like a university graduation. Given the importance of the years the children spend with us, it seems fitting to mark it. Some of them are with us 50 hours a week, some have been with us since they were babies. The staff become such a huge part of their lives.”
The nursery is family-run, and the ceremony gave parents the chance to socialise, too.
You may also want to watch:
Samantha added: “Often people are rushing in and out to drop children off so this was a chance for parents to meet each other.”
- 1 O2 Centre redevelopment consultation opened by Camden Council
- 2 Plans for 60ft 5G mast in Crouch End 'not in keeping' with conservation area
- 3 Gospel Oak Football Club: A team with roots firmly in the community
- 4 Tottenham Hotspur host Everton in mouthwatering clash
- 5 Government punishes Haringey Council over missed housing target
- 6 'Two people who love each other': 70 years together for Hermi and Shirley
- 7 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy
- 8 'Dumped and forgotten': Homeless families on life in England's Lane hostel
- 9 Highgate's Harington Scheme donates clothes to families and hostels
- 10 Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm