‘A great occasion’: Chaston Nursery holds graduation event for leaving children for 24th year
- Credit: Archant
Staff, parents and children at Chaston Nursery in Chalk Farm celebrated as 10 children graduate and move on to primary school.
The nursery school has held a graduation event every year since 1994, and this year 10 four year-olds took part in the ceremony.
Nursery manager Samantha Witten said: “It was a really lovely day. It was well-attended by the whole nursery family and a great occasion.
“I think it’s almost like a university graduation. Given the importance of the years the children spend with us, it seems fitting to mark it. Some of them are with us 50 hours a week, some have been with us since they were babies. The staff become such a huge part of their lives.”
The nursery is family-run, and the ceremony gave parents the chance to socialise, too.
You may also want to watch:
Samantha added: “Often people are rushing in and out to drop children off so this was a chance for parents to meet each other.”
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 4 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 6 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 7 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 8 Ozil travels to Turkey as Arsenal exit looms
- 9 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 10 Letters: Local business, vaccination, Abacus and The Ponds