‘A great occasion’: Chaston Nursery holds graduation event for leaving children for 24th year
- Credit: Archant
Staff, parents and children at Chaston Nursery in Chalk Farm celebrated as 10 children graduate and move on to primary school.
The nursery school has held a graduation event every year since 1994, and this year 10 four year-olds took part in the ceremony.
Nursery manager Samantha Witten said: “It was a really lovely day. It was well-attended by the whole nursery family and a great occasion.
“I think it’s almost like a university graduation. Given the importance of the years the children spend with us, it seems fitting to mark it. Some of them are with us 50 hours a week, some have been with us since they were babies. The staff become such a huge part of their lives.”
The nursery is family-run, and the ceremony gave parents the chance to socialise, too.
You may also want to watch:
Samantha added: “Often people are rushing in and out to drop children off so this was a chance for parents to meet each other.”
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 3 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 4 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 5 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 6 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 7 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 8 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 9 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 10 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London