Charity’s plea for more foster carers in Haringey, Camden and Barnet
Coinciding with the ongoing Fostering and Adoption Week, children’s charity Barnardo’s is asking people to come forward to offer children a stable and loving home.
There are 450 children currently in care in Haringey, 300 in Barnet and 190 in Camden.
Around 1,150 new foster families are needed throughout London during 2016 to provide care for these children, according to The Fostering Network.
Lynn Gradwell, director of Barnardo’s in London, said: “Across London ordinary people are doing something extraordinary – opening their hearts to help children feel secure and loved. More foster carers are desperately needed to give these children stable care, which is why we’d like to hear from people like you.
“Barnardo’s celebrates its 150th anniversary this year. The charity was one of the first to place children with families and to train foster carers so they had the right skills to look after children.”
You may also want to watch:
Contact Barnardos on 0800 0277 280 or at barnardos.org.uk/fostering.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 5 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 6 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 7 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 8 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Highgate parking changes dropped — two years on from uproar