Charity’s plea for more foster carers in Haringey, Camden and Barnet
Coinciding with the ongoing Fostering and Adoption Week, children’s charity Barnardo’s is asking people to come forward to offer children a stable and loving home.
There are 450 children currently in care in Haringey, 300 in Barnet and 190 in Camden.
Around 1,150 new foster families are needed throughout London during 2016 to provide care for these children, according to The Fostering Network.
Lynn Gradwell, director of Barnardo’s in London, said: “Across London ordinary people are doing something extraordinary – opening their hearts to help children feel secure and loved. More foster carers are desperately needed to give these children stable care, which is why we’d like to hear from people like you.
“Barnardo’s celebrates its 150th anniversary this year. The charity was one of the first to place children with families and to train foster carers so they had the right skills to look after children.”
You may also want to watch:
Contact Barnardos on 0800 0277 280 or at barnardos.org.uk/fostering.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 4 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 7 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'