Charity pets calendar to launch in Crouch End
- Credit: Archant
An aspiring philanthropist is launching a Crouch End pets calendar to fundraise for animals abandoned in countries like Greece, Spain and Portugal hit by the eurozone crisis.
Oshrit Artzi Fakova is still organising photos and inviting Crouch End dogs, cats, rabbits, fish - and any other pets - to put their paws up for group photos.
She has recently set up a foundation called Overseas Animal Rescue which aims to help European animal shelters with necessities such as blankets, medicine and food.
As families in Greece have struggled to feed themselves, they are increasingly forced to throw out their pets, leaving them roaming the streets.
The 38-year-old believes people have a responsibility to care for domesticated pets.
You may also want to watch:
“We take animals from nature and we kill their survival instincts, so we have a responsibility for them,” she said.
“Ever since I was young my dream was to be a millionaire and collect all the street animals.
- 1 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 4 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 5 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 6 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 7 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 8 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 9 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 10 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
“I’m not a millionaire now but I just decided to do something to help.”
Oshrit bought her dog, a Staffie-cross, from Gumtree, and she believes it was being kept in a cage for 11 hours a day - the family had no time for her.
She has enjoyed meeting different pets - and their owners - in the early photoshoots.
One cat behaved like a dog - lifting her paws up when prompted.
- Oshrit will launch the calendar at a Crouch End Fun Day on September 18. To find out more about Overseas Animal Rescue visit: facebook.com/overseasanimalrescue/info/?tab=page_info