Charge of the naked brigade - 600 sign up for Heath space
AS a regular user of the male nude sunbathing in the enclosure at Hampstead Heath Men s Pond I have observed that on hot sunny days the small enclosure is packed to bursting, preventing many from using the facility. However, the area allocated to the clot
AS a regular user of the male nude sunbathing in the enclosure at Hampstead Heath Men's Pond I have observed that on hot sunny days the small enclosure is packed to bursting, preventing many from using the facility. However, the area allocated to the clothed changing area which is 42 per cent larger, is typically less than one third occupied.
Years ago the enclosure was allocated totally to nude sunbathing. However, I recall that in the early 1990s a prominent barrister complained to the 'authorities' that he should not be exposed to the spectacle of seeing naked men and as a consequence of one complaint the partition was erected.
In my opinion this was ill conceived - and the most crucial point of all is that it did not achieve what the barrister was seeking. As you enter the enclosure and look to your left the 'spectacle' of naked men is still apparent - ironically my petition if adopted will achieve his objective!
This tiny area is smaller than many private gardens in the city and is the only location in London allocated to male nude sunbathing. Now it is time to redress the balance between providing an area for nude sunbathing that reflects current and potential demand for this facility.
You may also want to watch:
So I appeal to anyone that supports naturism (you don't have to be a user of the facility, or resident in the UK) to sign my online petition to be presented to the Corporation of London - the link can be found at http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/male-nude-sunbathing-at-hampstead-heath-mens-pond.html.
If you have previously signed (over 600 have so far) the sheet version, then thank you for your support - there is no need to sign the on line version.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 5 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 6 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 7 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 8 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 9 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 10 'State pension must be raised or older people face a dismal future'