Charge of the naked brigade - 600 sign up for Heath space
AS a regular user of the male nude sunbathing in the enclosure at Hampstead Heath Men s Pond I have observed that on hot sunny days the small enclosure is packed to bursting, preventing many from using the facility. However, the area allocated to the clot
AS a regular user of the male nude sunbathing in the enclosure at Hampstead Heath Men's Pond I have observed that on hot sunny days the small enclosure is packed to bursting, preventing many from using the facility. However, the area allocated to the clothed changing area which is 42 per cent larger, is typically less than one third occupied.
Years ago the enclosure was allocated totally to nude sunbathing. However, I recall that in the early 1990s a prominent barrister complained to the 'authorities' that he should not be exposed to the spectacle of seeing naked men and as a consequence of one complaint the partition was erected.
In my opinion this was ill conceived - and the most crucial point of all is that it did not achieve what the barrister was seeking. As you enter the enclosure and look to your left the 'spectacle' of naked men is still apparent - ironically my petition if adopted will achieve his objective!
This tiny area is smaller than many private gardens in the city and is the only location in London allocated to male nude sunbathing. Now it is time to redress the balance between providing an area for nude sunbathing that reflects current and potential demand for this facility.
You may also want to watch:
So I appeal to anyone that supports naturism (you don't have to be a user of the facility, or resident in the UK) to sign my online petition to be presented to the Corporation of London - the link can be found at http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/male-nude-sunbathing-at-hampstead-heath-mens-pond.html.
If you have previously signed (over 600 have so far) the sheet version, then thank you for your support - there is no need to sign the on line version.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 7 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 8 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 9 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband