Channing girls reap reward of their hard work on A-level results' day
GIRLS at Channing School reaped the rewards of two years hard work when they opened their A-level results today. Of the 43 girls who took their exams, 18 achieved A*s and As and two won places at Oxford. Barbara Elliott, headteacher of Channing School, s
GIRLS at Channing School reaped the rewards of two years' hard work when they opened their A-level results today.
Of the 43 girls who took their exams, 18 achieved A*s and As and two won places at Oxford.
Barbara Elliott, headteacher of Channing School, said: "Once again the girls have been rewarded with some excellent results. Despite everything in the press about this year's A-levels, the girls have secured some excellent university places."
Channing's "star" pupil this year was Lucy Linvingston who achieved five A* grades. She plans to read psychology at Durham.
You may also want to watch:
Julia Zeilinger, achieved straight A*s in Biology, Chemistry, Geography and Economics. She fulfilled her dream of winning a place to read medicine and will take up her place at Bristol in September.
There was good news for Sophie Green too. The 17-year-old, sat her AS-levels this year and achieved four As and one C in Latin, despite a sickness bug preventing her from taking her Latin literature paper.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
She said: "Luckily I'll be able to re-take it next year. I'm really pleased with the rest of my results. It feels almost like an anti-climax today after all the build up.