Channing girls reap reward of their hard work on A-level results' day
GIRLS at Channing School reaped the rewards of two years hard work when they opened their A-level results today. Of the 43 girls who took their exams, 18 achieved A*s and As and two won places at Oxford. Barbara Elliott, headteacher of Channing School, s
GIRLS at Channing School reaped the rewards of two years' hard work when they opened their A-level results today.
Of the 43 girls who took their exams, 18 achieved A*s and As and two won places at Oxford.
Barbara Elliott, headteacher of Channing School, said: "Once again the girls have been rewarded with some excellent results. Despite everything in the press about this year's A-levels, the girls have secured some excellent university places."
Channing's "star" pupil this year was Lucy Linvingston who achieved five A* grades. She plans to read psychology at Durham.
You may also want to watch:
Julia Zeilinger, achieved straight A*s in Biology, Chemistry, Geography and Economics. She fulfilled her dream of winning a place to read medicine and will take up her place at Bristol in September.
There was good news for Sophie Green too. The 17-year-old, sat her AS-levels this year and achieved four As and one C in Latin, despite a sickness bug preventing her from taking her Latin literature paper.
- 1 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 2 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 5 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 6 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 7 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 8 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
She said: "Luckily I'll be able to re-take it next year. I'm really pleased with the rest of my results. It feels almost like an anti-climax today after all the build up.