Channing girls reap reward of their hard work on A-level results' day
GIRLS at Channing School reaped the rewards of two years hard work when they opened their A-level results today. Of the 43 girls who took their exams, 18 achieved A*s and As and two won places at Oxford. Barbara Elliott, headteacher of Channing School, s
GIRLS at Channing School reaped the rewards of two years' hard work when they opened their A-level results today.
Of the 43 girls who took their exams, 18 achieved A*s and As and two won places at Oxford.
Barbara Elliott, headteacher of Channing School, said: "Once again the girls have been rewarded with some excellent results. Despite everything in the press about this year's A-levels, the girls have secured some excellent university places."
Channing's "star" pupil this year was Lucy Linvingston who achieved five A* grades. She plans to read psychology at Durham.
You may also want to watch:
Julia Zeilinger, achieved straight A*s in Biology, Chemistry, Geography and Economics. She fulfilled her dream of winning a place to read medicine and will take up her place at Bristol in September.
There was good news for Sophie Green too. The 17-year-old, sat her AS-levels this year and achieved four As and one C in Latin, despite a sickness bug preventing her from taking her Latin literature paper.
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 5 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 6 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 7 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 8 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 9 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
She said: "Luckily I'll be able to re-take it next year. I'm really pleased with the rest of my results. It feels almost like an anti-climax today after all the build up.