Changes to bin collections over New Year revealed
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
Camden Council have revealed the changes to bin collection over the New Year period
During the first week of 2018, bins will be collected a day later than usual, with no collections on New Year’s Day.
There are still effects of the Christmas bin-collection changes in force.
Bins scheduled for collection on Thursday December 28, and Friday December 29 will be collected over the weekend.
During the New Year, residents who would normally have their bins emptied on Monday January 1, will have it collected a day later.
You may also want to watch:
The rest of the week will be affected in the same way, with those on Friday January 5 having a Saturday collection.
Libraries will also be closed on New Year’s Day, and will re-open on Tuesday January 2. This includes Highgate Library, which closed on Thursday December 21.
- 1 O2 Centre redevelopment consultation opened by Camden Council
- 2 Government punishes Haringey Council over missed housing target
- 3 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy
- 4 'Two people who love each other': 70 years together for Hermi and Shirley
- 5 'Dumped and forgotten': Homeless families on life in England's Lane hostel
- 6 Talking Bob Dylan, life, culture, politics and Shakespeare
- 7 I completely trust Aubameyang says Arsenal boss Arteta
- 8 UCS Hampstead pupils launch podcast to help GCSE history revision
- 9 West Hampstead flat owners face £100k bills for flammable cladding
- 10 Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm
The Contact Camden service will be offering an emergency service only on New Year’s Day.