Changes to bin collections over New Year revealed
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
Camden Council have revealed the changes to bin collection over the New Year period
During the first week of 2018, bins will be collected a day later than usual, with no collections on New Year’s Day.
There are still effects of the Christmas bin-collection changes in force.
Bins scheduled for collection on Thursday December 28, and Friday December 29 will be collected over the weekend.
During the New Year, residents who would normally have their bins emptied on Monday January 1, will have it collected a day later.
You may also want to watch:
The rest of the week will be affected in the same way, with those on Friday January 5 having a Saturday collection.
Libraries will also be closed on New Year’s Day, and will re-open on Tuesday January 2. This includes Highgate Library, which closed on Thursday December 21.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 6 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 7 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 8 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 9 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers
- 10 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
The Contact Camden service will be offering an emergency service only on New Year’s Day.