Changes to bin collections over New Year revealed
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
Camden Council have revealed the changes to bin collection over the New Year period
During the first week of 2018, bins will be collected a day later than usual, with no collections on New Year’s Day.
There are still effects of the Christmas bin-collection changes in force.
Bins scheduled for collection on Thursday December 28, and Friday December 29 will be collected over the weekend.
During the New Year, residents who would normally have their bins emptied on Monday January 1, will have it collected a day later.
The rest of the week will be affected in the same way, with those on Friday January 5 having a Saturday collection.
Libraries will also be closed on New Year’s Day, and will re-open on Tuesday January 2. This includes Highgate Library, which closed on Thursday December 21.
- 1 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 2 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 3 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 4 Crowdfunder launched to buy Mortimer Terrace Nature Reserve
- 5 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 6 NLWA signs contract for ‘significant’ Edmonton Incinerator project
- 7 Matt Lucas backs school's drive to build arts studio
- 8 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 9 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 10 'The state of Transport for London’s finances – or lack of them'
The Contact Camden service will be offering an emergency service only on New Year’s Day.