Changes to bin collections over New Year revealed
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
Camden Council have revealed the changes to bin collection over the New Year period
During the first week of 2018, bins will be collected a day later than usual, with no collections on New Year’s Day.
There are still effects of the Christmas bin-collection changes in force.
Bins scheduled for collection on Thursday December 28, and Friday December 29 will be collected over the weekend.
During the New Year, residents who would normally have their bins emptied on Monday January 1, will have it collected a day later.
You may also want to watch:
The rest of the week will be affected in the same way, with those on Friday January 5 having a Saturday collection.
Libraries will also be closed on New Year’s Day, and will re-open on Tuesday January 2. This includes Highgate Library, which closed on Thursday December 21.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 Arsenal held by Aston Villa on final day of WSL season
- 5 Belsize cameraman remembers Jim Henson and The Muppet Show
- 6 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 7 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 8 Graham goal gives Tottenham win at Birmingham in WSL finale
- 9 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 10 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
The Contact Camden service will be offering an emergency service only on New Year’s Day.