Changes to bin collections over New Year revealed
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
Camden Council have revealed the changes to bin collection over the New Year period
During the first week of 2018, bins will be collected a day later than usual, with no collections on New Year’s Day.
There are still effects of the Christmas bin-collection changes in force.
Bins scheduled for collection on Thursday December 28, and Friday December 29 will be collected over the weekend.
During the New Year, residents who would normally have their bins emptied on Monday January 1, will have it collected a day later.
You may also want to watch:
The rest of the week will be affected in the same way, with those on Friday January 5 having a Saturday collection.
Libraries will also be closed on New Year’s Day, and will re-open on Tuesday January 2. This includes Highgate Library, which closed on Thursday December 21.
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
- 3 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 Nursery to open in former Highgate Barclays building
- 7 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 8 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 'More than a shop': Storm in a Teacup in 100 nation-wide small businesses
The Contact Camden service will be offering an emergency service only on New Year’s Day.