Champions League draw could pit Spurs against two Euro giants
By Ben Pearce TOTTENHAM could be pitted against two of Europe s super heavyweights in today s Champions League draw after being placed in Pot Three. The draw takes place at 5pm (GMT) in Monaco and, while Spurs cannot draw any of the teams from their own p
By Ben Pearce
TOTTENHAM could be pitted against two of Europe's super heavyweights in today's Champions League draw after being placed in Pot Three.
The draw takes place at 5pm (GMT) in Monaco and, while Spurs cannot draw any of the teams from their own pot, they could face any of the 16 teams from Pot One or Two - apart from Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal.
It opens up the possibility that the Lilywhites could face both Barcelona and Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Valencia, AC Milan and Benfica, and any other combination of Europe's top 16 seeds.
You may also want to watch:
Spurs cannot draw their English rivals, who are all in Pot One, giving Harry Redknapp's side just five possible opponents from the top-ranked set - Inter Milan, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, AC Milan or Lyon.
Meanwhile, Spurs can also draw any of the eight teams from Pot Two, which contains more big names including Real Madrid, Werder Bremen, Roma, Benfica and Valencia.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 4 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 5 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 6 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 7 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 8 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
Spurs will avoid their fellow Pot Three teams, meaning that they cannot face the likes of Ajax, Rangers, Braga and Spartak Moscow.
But they will face a team from Pot Four, which could mean ties against Steve McClaren's FC Twente and Auxerre.
Teams Tottenham can draw:
One of: Inter Milan, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, AC Milan, Lyon.
One of: Werder Bremen, Real Madrid, Roma, Shakhtar Donetsk, Benfica, Valencia, Marseille, Panathinaikos.
One of: Hapoel Tel-Aviv, FC Twente, Rubin Kazan, Auxerre, CFR Cluj, FK Partizan, MSK Zilina, Bursaspor.