Champions League draw could pit Spurs against two Euro giants
By Ben Pearce TOTTENHAM could be pitted against two of Europe s super heavyweights in today s Champions League draw after being placed in Pot Three. The draw takes place at 5pm (GMT) in Monaco and, while Spurs cannot draw any of the teams from their own p
By Ben Pearce
TOTTENHAM could be pitted against two of Europe's super heavyweights in today's Champions League draw after being placed in Pot Three.
The draw takes place at 5pm (GMT) in Monaco and, while Spurs cannot draw any of the teams from their own pot, they could face any of the 16 teams from Pot One or Two - apart from Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal.
It opens up the possibility that the Lilywhites could face both Barcelona and Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Valencia, AC Milan and Benfica, and any other combination of Europe's top 16 seeds.
You may also want to watch:
Spurs cannot draw their English rivals, who are all in Pot One, giving Harry Redknapp's side just five possible opponents from the top-ranked set - Inter Milan, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, AC Milan or Lyon.
Meanwhile, Spurs can also draw any of the eight teams from Pot Two, which contains more big names including Real Madrid, Werder Bremen, Roma, Benfica and Valencia.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 4 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 5 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 10 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
Spurs will avoid their fellow Pot Three teams, meaning that they cannot face the likes of Ajax, Rangers, Braga and Spartak Moscow.
But they will face a team from Pot Four, which could mean ties against Steve McClaren's FC Twente and Auxerre.
Teams Tottenham can draw:
One of: Inter Milan, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, AC Milan, Lyon.
One of: Werder Bremen, Real Madrid, Roma, Shakhtar Donetsk, Benfica, Valencia, Marseille, Panathinaikos.
One of: Hapoel Tel-Aviv, FC Twente, Rubin Kazan, Auxerre, CFR Cluj, FK Partizan, MSK Zilina, Bursaspor.