Chairman confirms that regulations will be limited on Heath
I would like to take this opportunity to clear up any misunderstanding with respect to the City of London Corporation s proposals to implement some elements of the Dog Control Order which is being considered by the London Borough of Camden. If appointed b
I would like to take this opportunity to clear up any misunderstanding with respect to the City of London Corporation's proposals to implement some elements of the Dog Control Order which is being considered by the London Borough of Camden.
If appointed by Camden as its agent, the City's proposal is to introduce just three aspects of the Dog Control Order. Under the Dog Control Orders (Prescribed Offences and Penalties etc) Regulations 2006 it would be an offence on the Heath to:
q Fail to remove dog faeces;
q Permit a dog to enter any of the fenced play areas on the Heath;
You may also want to watch:
q Have one person in charge of more than four dogs.
Despite rumours to the contrary, I want to reassure your readers that there is absolutely no intention to bring forward any restrictions other than those referred to above.
- 1 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 2 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 3 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 4 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 5 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 6 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 7 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 8 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 9 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 10 Arguments over Heath impact of homes in Jack Straw's Castle car park
In particular there is no plan to force dog owners or walkers to put dogs on a lead on any part of the Heath where such action is not so required at present.
The purpose of the introduction of these measures is to ensure that dog walkers maintain control and that the wildlife on the Heath is protected.
Chairman, Hampstead Heath Management Committee
City of London Corporation