Chairman confirms that regulations will be limited on Heath
I would like to take this opportunity to clear up any misunderstanding with respect to the City of London Corporation s proposals to implement some elements of the Dog Control Order which is being considered by the London Borough of Camden. If appointed b
I would like to take this opportunity to clear up any misunderstanding with respect to the City of London Corporation's proposals to implement some elements of the Dog Control Order which is being considered by the London Borough of Camden.
If appointed by Camden as its agent, the City's proposal is to introduce just three aspects of the Dog Control Order. Under the Dog Control Orders (Prescribed Offences and Penalties etc) Regulations 2006 it would be an offence on the Heath to:
q Fail to remove dog faeces;
q Permit a dog to enter any of the fenced play areas on the Heath;
You may also want to watch:
q Have one person in charge of more than four dogs.
Despite rumours to the contrary, I want to reassure your readers that there is absolutely no intention to bring forward any restrictions other than those referred to above.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 5 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 6 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 9 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 10 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
In particular there is no plan to force dog owners or walkers to put dogs on a lead on any part of the Heath where such action is not so required at present.
The purpose of the introduction of these measures is to ensure that dog walkers maintain control and that the wildlife on the Heath is protected.
Chairman, Hampstead Heath Management Committee
City of London Corporation