Chairman confirms that regulations will be limited on Heath
I would like to take this opportunity to clear up any misunderstanding with respect to the City of London Corporation s proposals to implement some elements of the Dog Control Order which is being considered by the London Borough of Camden. If appointed b
I would like to take this opportunity to clear up any misunderstanding with respect to the City of London Corporation's proposals to implement some elements of the Dog Control Order which is being considered by the London Borough of Camden.
If appointed by Camden as its agent, the City's proposal is to introduce just three aspects of the Dog Control Order. Under the Dog Control Orders (Prescribed Offences and Penalties etc) Regulations 2006 it would be an offence on the Heath to:
q Fail to remove dog faeces;
q Permit a dog to enter any of the fenced play areas on the Heath;
You may also want to watch:
q Have one person in charge of more than four dogs.
Despite rumours to the contrary, I want to reassure your readers that there is absolutely no intention to bring forward any restrictions other than those referred to above.
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 5 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 9 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 10 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute
In particular there is no plan to force dog owners or walkers to put dogs on a lead on any part of the Heath where such action is not so required at present.
The purpose of the introduction of these measures is to ensure that dog walkers maintain control and that the wildlife on the Heath is protected.
Chairman, Hampstead Heath Management Committee
City of London Corporation