Chairman confirms that regulations will be limited on Heath
I would like to take this opportunity to clear up any misunderstanding with respect to the City of London Corporation s proposals to implement some elements of the Dog Control Order which is being considered by the London Borough of Camden. If appointed b
I would like to take this opportunity to clear up any misunderstanding with respect to the City of London Corporation's proposals to implement some elements of the Dog Control Order which is being considered by the London Borough of Camden.
If appointed by Camden as its agent, the City's proposal is to introduce just three aspects of the Dog Control Order. Under the Dog Control Orders (Prescribed Offences and Penalties etc) Regulations 2006 it would be an offence on the Heath to:
q Fail to remove dog faeces;
q Permit a dog to enter any of the fenced play areas on the Heath;
q Have one person in charge of more than four dogs.
Despite rumours to the contrary, I want to reassure your readers that there is absolutely no intention to bring forward any restrictions other than those referred to above.
- 1 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 2 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 3 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 4 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 5 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 6 'The joy of addiction is when you are free of it,' says Hampstead author
- 7 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 8 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 9 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 10 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
In particular there is no plan to force dog owners or walkers to put dogs on a lead on any part of the Heath where such action is not so required at present.
The purpose of the introduction of these measures is to ensure that dog walkers maintain control and that the wildlife on the Heath is protected.
Chairman, Hampstead Heath Management Committee
City of London Corporation