Cesc dismisses Real Madrid reports and pledges his future to Arsenal
Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas has, for the umpteenth time, reiterated his future remains at Arsenal. The young midfielder – a Euro 2008 winner with Spain this summer - insists he remains fully committed to staying at The Emirates. He also hit out at so
Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas has, for the umpteenth time, reiterated his future remains at Arsenal.
The young midfielder - a Euro 2008 winner with Spain this summer - insists he remains fully committed to staying at The Emirates.
He also hit out at so-calledquotes attributed to him back in his homeland last weekend, when Spanish sports newspaper Marca quoted the Catalan as hinting he might consider a future move to Real Madrid.
It also implied he would be off if Arsenal failed to win silverware this coming campaign.
You may also want to watch:
It's all lies, he assured Gunners fans after returning to pre-season training at London Colney on Tuesday after being given extra time off for a family holiday after his heroics for the Spanish in Austria and Switzerland.
"I have not spoken to any media so it's frustrating to read quotes that I have supposedly said about my future," said the 21-year-old.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 7 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 8 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 9 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
"I have spent the summer relaxing with my family, friends and girlfriend and I return to training with Arsenal tomorrow.
"I think that some people are just trying to make mischief but my intentions are very clear.
"I am happy here at Arsenal, my future is with Arsenal and the priority is to achieve success and win trophies at Arsenal."
On Friday the Gunners will find out find out their opponents in the Champions League third qualifying stage, with the first leg kicking off on August 12.