Cesc dismisses Real Madrid reports and pledges his future to Arsenal
Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas has, for the umpteenth time, reiterated his future remains at Arsenal. The young midfielder – a Euro 2008 winner with Spain this summer - insists he remains fully committed to staying at The Emirates. He also hit out at so
Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas has, for the umpteenth time, reiterated his future remains at Arsenal.
The young midfielder - a Euro 2008 winner with Spain this summer - insists he remains fully committed to staying at The Emirates.
He also hit out at so-calledquotes attributed to him back in his homeland last weekend, when Spanish sports newspaper Marca quoted the Catalan as hinting he might consider a future move to Real Madrid.
It also implied he would be off if Arsenal failed to win silverware this coming campaign.
You may also want to watch:
It's all lies, he assured Gunners fans after returning to pre-season training at London Colney on Tuesday after being given extra time off for a family holiday after his heroics for the Spanish in Austria and Switzerland.
"I have not spoken to any media so it's frustrating to read quotes that I have supposedly said about my future," said the 21-year-old.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 5 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 8 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 9 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
"I have spent the summer relaxing with my family, friends and girlfriend and I return to training with Arsenal tomorrow.
"I think that some people are just trying to make mischief but my intentions are very clear.
"I am happy here at Arsenal, my future is with Arsenal and the priority is to achieve success and win trophies at Arsenal."
On Friday the Gunners will find out find out their opponents in the Champions League third qualifying stage, with the first leg kicking off on August 12.