Catherine West makes a splash at Park Road Lido ahead of pool’s birthday celebrations
- Credit: Katy Ferguson
Catherine West took the plunge into Park Road Lido as she visited the pool at the weekend, to help mark the formation of the Park Road Lido User’s Group.
The lido’s user group has recently been recognised by Haringey Council and Fusion Lifestyle.
They are also set to celebrate their 90th birthday next year, with a series of events.
The lido was opened on June 1 1929.
While there, the Hornsey and Wood Green MP spoke to members of the Park Road Lido Users Group (PRLUG) and had a dip in the pool.
The users group is currently hoping to secure winter opening hours and lighting at the Lido. We now have an in principle agreement from Haringey Council and Fusion Lifestyle, who run the lido.
Ms West said:“As an avid swimmer, it was an pleasure to join the PRLUG to celebrate the lido’s 90th birthday on such a glorious sunny day.
- 1 Alexandra Palace: 2 hospitalised in Red Bull's Soapbox Race
- 2 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 3 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 4 In pictures: Wacky racers descend on Alexandra Palace for soapbox challenge
- 5 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 6 Camden watchmaker launches crowdfunding campaign
- 7 The Rolling Stones prove rock ‘n’ roll is alive and kicking at Hyde Park
- 8 Start-up delivers home cooked meals to your door
- 9 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 10 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
“We are so lucky to have such a wonderful pool. I am very proud to be the founder and chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Swimming which seeks to promote swimming at all levels, as well as campaigns for the protection and restoration of our lidos.”