Catherine West makes a splash at Park Road Lido ahead of pool’s birthday celebrations
- Credit: Katy Ferguson
Catherine West took the plunge into Park Road Lido as she visited the pool at the weekend, to help mark the formation of the Park Road Lido User’s Group.
The lido’s user group has recently been recognised by Haringey Council and Fusion Lifestyle.
They are also set to celebrate their 90th birthday next year, with a series of events.
The lido was opened on June 1 1929.
While there, the Hornsey and Wood Green MP spoke to members of the Park Road Lido Users Group (PRLUG) and had a dip in the pool.
You may also want to watch:
The users group is currently hoping to secure winter opening hours and lighting at the Lido. We now have an in principle agreement from Haringey Council and Fusion Lifestyle, who run the lido.
Ms West said:“As an avid swimmer, it was an pleasure to join the PRLUG to celebrate the lido’s 90th birthday on such a glorious sunny day.
- 1 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 2 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 3 British fencing great Richard Kruse announces retirement
- 4 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 5 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 6 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 7 New Indian restaurant Ritu to replace Yasmeen Kitchen in St John's Wood
- 8 Hampstead bakery sells challah hearts for Mental Health Awareness Week
- 9 Camden shouldn't ignore residents, but we need low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 10 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
“We are so lucky to have such a wonderful pool. I am very proud to be the founder and chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Swimming which seeks to promote swimming at all levels, as well as campaigns for the protection and restoration of our lidos.”