Catherine West makes a splash at Park Road Lido ahead of pool’s birthday celebrations
- Credit: Katy Ferguson
Catherine West took the plunge into Park Road Lido as she visited the pool at the weekend, to help mark the formation of the Park Road Lido User’s Group.
The lido’s user group has recently been recognised by Haringey Council and Fusion Lifestyle.
They are also set to celebrate their 90th birthday next year, with a series of events.
The lido was opened on June 1 1929.
While there, the Hornsey and Wood Green MP spoke to members of the Park Road Lido Users Group (PRLUG) and had a dip in the pool.
You may also want to watch:
The users group is currently hoping to secure winter opening hours and lighting at the Lido. We now have an in principle agreement from Haringey Council and Fusion Lifestyle, who run the lido.
Ms West said:“As an avid swimmer, it was an pleasure to join the PRLUG to celebrate the lido’s 90th birthday on such a glorious sunny day.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 6 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 7 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 8 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 9 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 10 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
“We are so lucky to have such a wonderful pool. I am very proud to be the founder and chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Swimming which seeks to promote swimming at all levels, as well as campaigns for the protection and restoration of our lidos.”