Catherine West makes a splash at Park Road Lido ahead of pool’s birthday celebrations
- Credit: Katy Ferguson
Catherine West took the plunge into Park Road Lido as she visited the pool at the weekend, to help mark the formation of the Park Road Lido User’s Group.
The lido’s user group has recently been recognised by Haringey Council and Fusion Lifestyle.
They are also set to celebrate their 90th birthday next year, with a series of events.
The lido was opened on June 1 1929.
While there, the Hornsey and Wood Green MP spoke to members of the Park Road Lido Users Group (PRLUG) and had a dip in the pool.
The users group is currently hoping to secure winter opening hours and lighting at the Lido. We now have an in principle agreement from Haringey Council and Fusion Lifestyle, who run the lido.
Ms West said:“As an avid swimmer, it was an pleasure to join the PRLUG to celebrate the lido’s 90th birthday on such a glorious sunny day.
- 1 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 5 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 7 'The joy of addiction is when you are free of it,' says Hampstead author
- 8 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 9 BAFTA-nominated BBC series returns to the Royal Free Hospital
- 10 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
“We are so lucky to have such a wonderful pool. I am very proud to be the founder and chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Swimming which seeks to promote swimming at all levels, as well as campaigns for the protection and restoration of our lidos.”