Cast of “An American in Paris” waltz at St Pancras
- Credit: Archant
Leading actors and cast members of “An American in Paris” surprised passengers at St Pancras with a surprise musical performance.
Cast including Ashley Day and Leanne Cope appeared on Tuesday at the train station where they performed song and dance from their musical.
Dressed in full costume, “An American in Paris” were celebrating their 200th London show. They dazzled onlookers with classic hits including “‘S Wonderful” and “I Got Rhythm”.
Two members of the gathered audience won tickets to see the show in full at London’s Dominion Theatre.
Wendy Spinks, Commercial Director, HS1 Ltd (owners of St Pancras International) said: “Today’s exclusive performances, from the cast of An American in Paris, were our latest surprise for visitors to the station, and we were thrilled to play host to these talented artists.”
You may also want to watch:
“An American in Paris”, the musical, features music by George Gershwin and is inspired by the Oscar winning film, starring Gene Kelly and Leslie Caron.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 5 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 8 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen