Cast of “An American in Paris” waltz at St Pancras
- Credit: Archant
Leading actors and cast members of “An American in Paris” surprised passengers at St Pancras with a surprise musical performance.
Cast including Ashley Day and Leanne Cope appeared on Tuesday at the train station where they performed song and dance from their musical.
Dressed in full costume, “An American in Paris” were celebrating their 200th London show. They dazzled onlookers with classic hits including “‘S Wonderful” and “I Got Rhythm”.
Two members of the gathered audience won tickets to see the show in full at London’s Dominion Theatre.
Wendy Spinks, Commercial Director, HS1 Ltd (owners of St Pancras International) said: “Today’s exclusive performances, from the cast of An American in Paris, were our latest surprise for visitors to the station, and we were thrilled to play host to these talented artists.”
You may also want to watch:
“An American in Paris”, the musical, features music by George Gershwin and is inspired by the Oscar winning film, starring Gene Kelly and Leslie Caron.
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill