Cast of “An American in Paris” waltz at St Pancras
- Credit: Archant
Leading actors and cast members of “An American in Paris” surprised passengers at St Pancras with a surprise musical performance.
Cast including Ashley Day and Leanne Cope appeared on Tuesday at the train station where they performed song and dance from their musical.
Dressed in full costume, “An American in Paris” were celebrating their 200th London show. They dazzled onlookers with classic hits including “‘S Wonderful” and “I Got Rhythm”.
Two members of the gathered audience won tickets to see the show in full at London’s Dominion Theatre.
Wendy Spinks, Commercial Director, HS1 Ltd (owners of St Pancras International) said: “Today’s exclusive performances, from the cast of An American in Paris, were our latest surprise for visitors to the station, and we were thrilled to play host to these talented artists.”
You may also want to watch:
“An American in Paris”, the musical, features music by George Gershwin and is inspired by the Oscar winning film, starring Gene Kelly and Leslie Caron.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 4 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Probe into £23m property deal is like 'a vendetta', says ex-deputy leader
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved