Cash strategy has produced spectacular results
When I first met Joanne Cash – the Conservative Parliamentary candidate for Westminster North – as a volunteer mentor on her STEP UP programme, she made one comment that has always stuck in my mind: Whatever the result in the General Election, Joanne sa
When I first met Joanne Cash - the Conservative Parliamentary candidate for Westminster North - as a volunteer mentor on her STEP UP programme, she made one comment that has always stuck in my mind:
"Whatever the result in the General Election," Joanne said, "I want to make sure that my candidacy makes a real difference to our local community."
This message has informed Joanne's entire campaign and that is why she continues to support local charities such as the All Stars Boxing Club, Real Action and London Tigers in some of the most deprived areas of London.
Incidentally, her strategy has also produced some spectacular electoral results - in 2008, Church Street, a traditional Labour stronghold in Westminster North, elected its first ever Conservative Councillor, Mehfuz Ahmed, with a swing of nearly 25 per cent.
You may also want to watch:
Joanne was selected by her local association (not parachuted in by David Cameron or anyone else) because she recognised that a Member of Parliament must represent all of their constituents, not just those who live in the right postcode or who will vote for them in the General Election.
She has not forgotten this and nor should the rest of us.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Camden men jailed for rape of teenager targeted by Tube station