Cash strategy has produced spectacular results
When I first met Joanne Cash – the Conservative Parliamentary candidate for Westminster North – as a volunteer mentor on her STEP UP programme, she made one comment that has always stuck in my mind: Whatever the result in the General Election, Joanne sa
When I first met Joanne Cash - the Conservative Parliamentary candidate for Westminster North - as a volunteer mentor on her STEP UP programme, she made one comment that has always stuck in my mind:
"Whatever the result in the General Election," Joanne said, "I want to make sure that my candidacy makes a real difference to our local community."
This message has informed Joanne's entire campaign and that is why she continues to support local charities such as the All Stars Boxing Club, Real Action and London Tigers in some of the most deprived areas of London.
Incidentally, her strategy has also produced some spectacular electoral results - in 2008, Church Street, a traditional Labour stronghold in Westminster North, elected its first ever Conservative Councillor, Mehfuz Ahmed, with a swing of nearly 25 per cent.
You may also want to watch:
Joanne was selected by her local association (not parachuted in by David Cameron or anyone else) because she recognised that a Member of Parliament must represent all of their constituents, not just those who live in the right postcode or who will vote for them in the General Election.
She has not forgotten this and nor should the rest of us.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 6 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 7 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 8 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 9 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 10 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'