Car smash at notorious accident blackspot
TWO cars collided on an infamous accident spot on Saturday. The crash occurred on North End Road around 11am close to the Bull and Bush pub on the border of Camden and Barnet. A police spokeswoman said: The collision involved a silver Honda and a white C
TWO cars collided on an infamous accident spot on Saturday.
The crash occurred on North End Road around 11am close to the Bull and Bush pub on the border of Camden and Barnet.
A police spokeswoman said: "The collision involved a silver Honda and a white Citroen. The male driver of the Citroen had very minor injuries and didn't need hospital treatment. The female driver of the silver Honda was taken to the Royal Free Hospital."
Pat and Joan Laurance of Child's Way, Hampstead Garden Suburb, have been running a three-year campaign to make the road safe.
You may also want to watch:
They want a crossing and warning signs outside Golders Hill Park but their plans hit deadlock because Barnet and Camden councils each claim responsibility belongs to the other.
Joan Laurance, 84, said: "The road is a shambles and needs sorting out, the sooner the better. This accident proves the road is dangerous. Drivers need to be told this and know there is a need to slow down.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate