Car smash at notorious accident blackspot
TWO cars collided on an infamous accident spot on Saturday. The crash occurred on North End Road around 11am close to the Bull and Bush pub on the border of Camden and Barnet. A police spokeswoman said: The collision involved a silver Honda and a white C
TWO cars collided on an infamous accident spot on Saturday.
The crash occurred on North End Road around 11am close to the Bull and Bush pub on the border of Camden and Barnet.
A police spokeswoman said: "The collision involved a silver Honda and a white Citroen. The male driver of the Citroen had very minor injuries and didn't need hospital treatment. The female driver of the silver Honda was taken to the Royal Free Hospital."
Pat and Joan Laurance of Child's Way, Hampstead Garden Suburb, have been running a three-year campaign to make the road safe.
You may also want to watch:
They want a crossing and warning signs outside Golders Hill Park but their plans hit deadlock because Barnet and Camden councils each claim responsibility belongs to the other.
Joan Laurance, 84, said: "The road is a shambles and needs sorting out, the sooner the better. This accident proves the road is dangerous. Drivers need to be told this and know there is a need to slow down.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 3 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 7 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 Injury concerns spoil Arsenal's win over Sheffield United