Car smash at notorious accident blackspot
TWO cars collided on an infamous accident spot on Saturday. The crash occurred on North End Road around 11am close to the Bull and Bush pub on the border of Camden and Barnet. A police spokeswoman said: The collision involved a silver Honda and a white C
TWO cars collided on an infamous accident spot on Saturday.
The crash occurred on North End Road around 11am close to the Bull and Bush pub on the border of Camden and Barnet.
A police spokeswoman said: "The collision involved a silver Honda and a white Citroen. The male driver of the Citroen had very minor injuries and didn't need hospital treatment. The female driver of the silver Honda was taken to the Royal Free Hospital."
Pat and Joan Laurance of Child's Way, Hampstead Garden Suburb, have been running a three-year campaign to make the road safe.
You may also want to watch:
They want a crossing and warning signs outside Golders Hill Park but their plans hit deadlock because Barnet and Camden councils each claim responsibility belongs to the other.
Joan Laurance, 84, said: "The road is a shambles and needs sorting out, the sooner the better. This accident proves the road is dangerous. Drivers need to be told this and know there is a need to slow down.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 Letters: The floods!
- 9 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home