Car explodes into flames on Marylebone Road
Onlookers were shocked when a car suddenly burst into flames in the middle of Marylebone Road this afternoon (Thursday).
The road was shut eastbound at lunch time near the Landmark Hotel as firefighters fought to put out the inferno.
Witness Maggie Hall said: “Apparently the car was in traffic stopped at a light and the person in from of them got out of their car to tell the driver there were flames coming from the bottom of the car.
“They got out and about seven or eight minutes later there was a bang and it burst into flames.”
The fire brigade confirmed they were called at 2.23pm and had the fire under control within 10 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
The incident marked the second time the road was closed in the space of four hours after three cars were involved in an accident at 10.35am.
No one was hurt in either incident.
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 6 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 7 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 8 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 9 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 10 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans