Car explodes into flames on Marylebone Road
Onlookers were shocked when a car suddenly burst into flames in the middle of Marylebone Road this afternoon (Thursday).
The road was shut eastbound at lunch time near the Landmark Hotel as firefighters fought to put out the inferno.
Witness Maggie Hall said: “Apparently the car was in traffic stopped at a light and the person in from of them got out of their car to tell the driver there were flames coming from the bottom of the car.
“They got out and about seven or eight minutes later there was a bang and it burst into flames.”
The fire brigade confirmed they were called at 2.23pm and had the fire under control within 10 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
The incident marked the second time the road was closed in the space of four hours after three cars were involved in an accident at 10.35am.
No one was hurt in either incident.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 3 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 4 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 5 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 6 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 7 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 8 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 9 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate