Car drivers have no desire to get into the pink
Pink cars might be F.A.B for Thunderbird s Lady Penelope and hot for Paris Hilton, but pink is unanimously the least desirable car colour in the UK. In a poll of over a thousand motorists by online retailer, Carsite.co.uk, pink topped the list of unusu
Pink cars might be F.A.B for Thunderbird's Lady Penelope and 'hot' for Paris Hilton, but pink is unanimously the least desirable car colour in the UK.
In a poll of over a thousand motorists by online retailer, Carsite.co.uk, pink topped the list of unusual shades with over 29 per cent of the vote - almost one in three respondents. Second place in the unpopularity stakes was brown with 16 per cent closely followed by gold with 13.7 per cent.
Even though retro white is enjoying a recent surge in popularity, accounting for around 1 in 12 cars on the road today, it has just as many detractors according to Carsite.co.uk with 6.5 per cent of the vote.
UK's Ten Most Undesirable Car Colours
You may also want to watch:
1. Pink 29.4%
2. Brown 16%
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Probe into £23m property deal is like 'a vendetta', says ex-deputy leader
3. Gold 13.7%
4. Lilac 9.3%
5. Lime 9.1%
6. White 6.5%
7. Orange 5.5%
8. Purple 4%
9. Beige 4%
10. Cherry red 2.5%
In the UK, silver, blue and black are the most common car colours, collectively responsible for 65 per cent of the market. That said there are more than 150 pink, 250 brown and 1,000 purple-hued cars for sale nationwide today.