Car drivers have no desire to get into the pink
Pink cars might be F.A.B for Thunderbird s Lady Penelope and hot for Paris Hilton, but pink is unanimously the least desirable car colour in the UK. In a poll of over a thousand motorists by online retailer, Carsite.co.uk, pink topped the list of unusu
Pink cars might be F.A.B for Thunderbird's Lady Penelope and 'hot' for Paris Hilton, but pink is unanimously the least desirable car colour in the UK.
In a poll of over a thousand motorists by online retailer, Carsite.co.uk, pink topped the list of unusual shades with over 29 per cent of the vote - almost one in three respondents. Second place in the unpopularity stakes was brown with 16 per cent closely followed by gold with 13.7 per cent.
Even though retro white is enjoying a recent surge in popularity, accounting for around 1 in 12 cars on the road today, it has just as many detractors according to Carsite.co.uk with 6.5 per cent of the vote.
UK's Ten Most Undesirable Car Colours
You may also want to watch:
1. Pink 29.4%
2. Brown 16%
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 8 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
3. Gold 13.7%
4. Lilac 9.3%
5. Lime 9.1%
6. White 6.5%
7. Orange 5.5%
8. Purple 4%
9. Beige 4%
10. Cherry red 2.5%
In the UK, silver, blue and black are the most common car colours, collectively responsible for 65 per cent of the market. That said there are more than 150 pink, 250 brown and 1,000 purple-hued cars for sale nationwide today.