Car drivers have no desire to get into the pink
Pink cars might be F.A.B for Thunderbird s Lady Penelope and hot for Paris Hilton, but pink is unanimously the least desirable car colour in the UK. In a poll of over a thousand motorists by online retailer, Carsite.co.uk, pink topped the list of unusu
Pink cars might be F.A.B for Thunderbird's Lady Penelope and 'hot' for Paris Hilton, but pink is unanimously the least desirable car colour in the UK.
In a poll of over a thousand motorists by online retailer, Carsite.co.uk, pink topped the list of unusual shades with over 29 per cent of the vote - almost one in three respondents. Second place in the unpopularity stakes was brown with 16 per cent closely followed by gold with 13.7 per cent.
Even though retro white is enjoying a recent surge in popularity, accounting for around 1 in 12 cars on the road today, it has just as many detractors according to Carsite.co.uk with 6.5 per cent of the vote.
UK's Ten Most Undesirable Car Colours
1. Pink 29.4%
2. Brown 16%
- 1 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 2 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 3 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 4 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 5 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 6 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
- 7 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 8 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
- 9 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 10 'James Blake returns to childhood stomping ground with euphoric set'
3. Gold 13.7%
4. Lilac 9.3%
5. Lime 9.1%
6. White 6.5%
7. Orange 5.5%
8. Purple 4%
9. Beige 4%
10. Cherry red 2.5%
In the UK, silver, blue and black are the most common car colours, collectively responsible for 65 per cent of the market. That said there are more than 150 pink, 250 brown and 1,000 purple-hued cars for sale nationwide today.