Car drivers have no desire to get into the pink
Pink cars might be F.A.B for Thunderbird s Lady Penelope and hot for Paris Hilton, but pink is unanimously the least desirable car colour in the UK. In a poll of over a thousand motorists by online retailer, Carsite.co.uk, pink topped the list of unusu
Pink cars might be F.A.B for Thunderbird's Lady Penelope and 'hot' for Paris Hilton, but pink is unanimously the least desirable car colour in the UK.
In a poll of over a thousand motorists by online retailer, Carsite.co.uk, pink topped the list of unusual shades with over 29 per cent of the vote - almost one in three respondents. Second place in the unpopularity stakes was brown with 16 per cent closely followed by gold with 13.7 per cent.
Even though retro white is enjoying a recent surge in popularity, accounting for around 1 in 12 cars on the road today, it has just as many detractors according to Carsite.co.uk with 6.5 per cent of the vote.
UK's Ten Most Undesirable Car Colours
You may also want to watch:
1. Pink 29.4%
2. Brown 16%
- 1 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 2 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 3 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 4 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 5 'Huge relief': Golders Green care home celebrates booster rollout
- 6 Punk Blythe doll worth almost £1,000 visits Camden Town
- 7 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 8 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 9 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
3. Gold 13.7%
4. Lilac 9.3%
5. Lime 9.1%
6. White 6.5%
7. Orange 5.5%
8. Purple 4%
9. Beige 4%
10. Cherry red 2.5%
In the UK, silver, blue and black are the most common car colours, collectively responsible for 65 per cent of the market. That said there are more than 150 pink, 250 brown and 1,000 purple-hued cars for sale nationwide today.