'Unbelievable': Car bursts into flames in Muswell Hill
- Credit: Costas Constantino
Firefighters put out a blaze in a car which erupted into flames in Muswell Hill on Wednesday.
Officers from the London Fire Brigade extinguished the fire on the junction of Fortis Green Road and Muswell Hill Broadway at around 12.25pm.
No injuries were reported.
Costas Constantino, who runs a parking management company, said: “We were sitting and having a coffee at the little coffee shop and next thing you know there’s a car that pulls up to let the pedestrians pass and then it just burst into bloody flames.
“It was unbelievable. I’ve never seen anything like it.
“The driver got out, he was quite shocked, and that was it. It all happened very quickly.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone was just there taking videos.”
A LFB spokesperson said that 20 calls were made about the blaze, which took firefighters 20 minutes to bring under control.
- 1 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 4 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 5 Four charged following reports of antisemitism in St John's Wood
- 6 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 7 Theatre review: Crouch End and Upminster collide in modern love story
- 8 'My theatre group saved my life on a Zoom call,' says amputee
- 9 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath