'Unbelievable': Car bursts into flames in Muswell Hill
- Credit: Costas Constantino
Firefighters put out a blaze in a car which erupted into flames in Muswell Hill on Wednesday.
Officers from the London Fire Brigade extinguished the fire on the junction of Fortis Green Road and Muswell Hill Broadway at around 12.25pm.
No injuries were reported.
Costas Constantino, who runs a parking management company, said: “We were sitting and having a coffee at the little coffee shop and next thing you know there’s a car that pulls up to let the pedestrians pass and then it just burst into bloody flames.
“It was unbelievable. I’ve never seen anything like it.
“The driver got out, he was quite shocked, and that was it. It all happened very quickly.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone was just there taking videos.”
A LFB spokesperson said that 20 calls were made about the blaze, which took firefighters 20 minutes to bring under control.
- 1 How many trees have been felled in the Parkland Walk?
- 2 5 days out in London where you can meet the animals
- 3 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 4 Birthday Honours: Period Poverty campaigner Amika George becomes an MBE
- 5 Burglar of £100k watches and jewellery haul jailed
- 6 Neighbours fight plan for 'out of character' flats above nursery
- 7 Shakespeare comedy and children's shows at Regent's Park Open Air Theatre
- 8 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 9 My view: Hampstead could change a lot in the coming years, for the better
- 10 Boundary changes plan would 'split' Hampstead and see new Muswell Hill seat