Captain Parker scores hat-trick as Haringey Rhinos make winning start to life under new coach
Haringey Rhinos made a winning start to life under new head coach Sinan Rabee, with Jack Parker captaining the team for the first time and scoring three tries in a 22-10 win away against Harlequin Amateurs in Herts/Middlesex Division Two.
With captain Amrit Derry out injured, Parker had the honour of skippering the team at St Mary’s University – and he helped to secure a third league victory from the opening five games.
Harlequins opened the scoring with a penalty but Haringey hit back as Matt Peterson chipped the ball over the top and collected it himself before offloading to Parker, who cantered over the line.
That gave the visitors a 5-3 lead heading into the interval, and a Hugo Murray penalty then extended their advantage to five points.
Rob Wood was sinbinned for lashing out at a Quins player, but Haringey stayed strong in the 10 minutes that followed and even managed to win a scrum against the head, despite being underpowered.
You may also want to watch:
They conceded a try after that, but Parker led by example with two more tries to complete his treble and secure the victory.
Haringey Rhinos train on the 4G pitch at New River Sports Centre on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 7.30pm and 9.30pm. New players of all abilities are welcome, and they can contact Tom Burrows on 07581855729 for more information.
- 1 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 2 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 3 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill