Cannabis factory uncovered in Highgate
MORE than 600 cannabis plants have been discovered at a Highgate house. Police uncovered the cannabis factory in Sussex Gardens after a tip-off from the public about suspicious behaviour at the property. Officers raided the house last Friday mor
MORE than 600 cannabis plants have been discovered at a Highgate house.
Police uncovered the cannabis factory in Sussex Gardens after a tip-off from the public about suspicious behaviour at the property.
Officers raided the house last Friday (April 9) morning and found five rooms were being used to cultivate the plants.
An EDF Energy engineer, who attended, also discovered that electricity had been illegally abstracted.
PC Paul Hallas, of Haringey's drugs focus unit, said: "This warrant was executed as a direct result of members of the community contacting police to report suspicious behaviour connected to the property. The following morning we obtained a warrant from the magistrates' court to search the address.
"This was a very real fire hazard, especially to neighbouring properties, and we would like to thank local residents who provided essential intelligence.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 3 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 4 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 5 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 6 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
- 7 Harry Hill's Tony Blair rock opera premieres at Park Theatre
- 8 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
- 9 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 10 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
"The discovery of this factory and the seizure of plants will have prevented a large amount of cannabis reaching the streets."
No arrests have been made and enquiries are ongoing. Anyone with information about this incident or drug misuse should telephone 0300 123 1212.