Cannabis factory uncovered in Highgate
MORE than 600 cannabis plants have been discovered at a Highgate house. Police uncovered the cannabis factory in Sussex Gardens after a tip-off from the public about suspicious behaviour at the property. Officers raided the house last Friday mor
MORE than 600 cannabis plants have been discovered at a Highgate house.
Police uncovered the cannabis factory in Sussex Gardens after a tip-off from the public about suspicious behaviour at the property.
Officers raided the house last Friday (April 9) morning and found five rooms were being used to cultivate the plants.
An EDF Energy engineer, who attended, also discovered that electricity had been illegally abstracted.
You may also want to watch:
PC Paul Hallas, of Haringey's drugs focus unit, said: "This warrant was executed as a direct result of members of the community contacting police to report suspicious behaviour connected to the property. The following morning we obtained a warrant from the magistrates' court to search the address.
"This was a very real fire hazard, especially to neighbouring properties, and we would like to thank local residents who provided essential intelligence.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 4 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 6 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 7 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 8 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 9 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 10 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
"The discovery of this factory and the seizure of plants will have prevented a large amount of cannabis reaching the streets."
No arrests have been made and enquiries are ongoing. Anyone with information about this incident or drug misuse should telephone 0300 123 1212.