Cannabis factory uncovered in Highgate
MORE than 600 cannabis plants have been discovered at a Highgate house. Police uncovered the cannabis factory in Sussex Gardens after a tip-off from the public about suspicious behaviour at the property. Officers raided the house last Friday mor
MORE than 600 cannabis plants have been discovered at a Highgate house.
Police uncovered the cannabis factory in Sussex Gardens after a tip-off from the public about suspicious behaviour at the property.
Officers raided the house last Friday (April 9) morning and found five rooms were being used to cultivate the plants.
An EDF Energy engineer, who attended, also discovered that electricity had been illegally abstracted.
You may also want to watch:
PC Paul Hallas, of Haringey's drugs focus unit, said: "This warrant was executed as a direct result of members of the community contacting police to report suspicious behaviour connected to the property. The following morning we obtained a warrant from the magistrates' court to search the address.
"This was a very real fire hazard, especially to neighbouring properties, and we would like to thank local residents who provided essential intelligence.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 5 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 6 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 7 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 8 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 9 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 10 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
"The discovery of this factory and the seizure of plants will have prevented a large amount of cannabis reaching the streets."
No arrests have been made and enquiries are ongoing. Anyone with information about this incident or drug misuse should telephone 0300 123 1212.