CANDIDATES IN ST PANCRAS AND SOMERS TOWN
Guide to all the candidates standing in the local elections 2006 in St Pancras and Somers Town, north London. -- LIB DEM Ann Finer is retired and lives in Grafton Road, Gospel Oak, barrister Charles Marquand , from Archway.
Guide to all the candidates standing in the local elections 2006 in St Pancras and Somers Town, north London.
Ann Finer is retired and lives in Grafton Road, Gospel Oak, barrister
You may also want to watch:
Charles Marquand (pictured), from Archway.
Barbara Waddington, from Highgate West Hill.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 3 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 4 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 5 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 7 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 8 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 9 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
- 10 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday
Nurul Islam has lived and worked in Camden for more than 25 years. The chairman of the Bengali Workers' Association said: "I bring vast experience in community empowerment and working with community organisations."
Councillor Anna Stewart, 31, has represented the ward since 2002. She works part-time for the NHS and is a governor of St Mary and St Pancras primary school. She said: "I pledge to continue making St Pancras and Somers Town a safer place for all the community."
Councillor Roger Robinson has been a councillor for the ward since 1998. He said: "We need to continue the regeneration of the area and the refurbishment of estates."
Rohit Grover is a former solicitor turned legal journalist. He stood in Bloomsbury at the last election, losing by 100 votes.
Robert Ricketts is a solicitor living and working in Holborn.
Abdul Salam is the Tory's only Muslim candidate in Camden.
He said: "I am dedicated and passionate about good, open, value-for-money public services."
Matthew Hodgkinson-Barrett, from Willesden, Richard Eden from Leighton Road, Kentish Town, and Beatrix Campbell, from Murray Mews, Camden Town.