Cancer Research boosted by charity runners
I am writing to thank our runners for taking part in this years British 10k London run and to all your readers for supporting them. The event was a great success with thousands of pounds raised for World Cancer Research Funds (WCRF) research and education
I am writing to thank our runners for taking part in this years British 10k London run and to all your readers for supporting them.
The event was a great success with thousands of pounds raised for World Cancer Research Funds (WCRF) research and education programmes into the link between lifestyle and cancer.
Our runners have worked very hard in training and we are pleased they have completed the race. They have also helped us to raise awareness that about a third of the most common cancers could be prevented by eating healthily, being physically active and maintaining a healthy weight.
We are extremely grateful for all their hard work. They can now have a well deserved rest!
You may also want to watch:
It is still not too late to sponsor WCRF's British 10k London run team. You can visit www.wcrf-uk.org/sponsor or call 020 7343 4205.
- 1 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 2 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 6 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 9 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 10 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute
World Cancer Research Fund