Cancer Research boosted by charity runners
I am writing to thank our runners for taking part in this years British 10k London run and to all your readers for supporting them. The event was a great success with thousands of pounds raised for World Cancer Research Funds (WCRF) research and education
I am writing to thank our runners for taking part in this years British 10k London run and to all your readers for supporting them.
The event was a great success with thousands of pounds raised for World Cancer Research Funds (WCRF) research and education programmes into the link between lifestyle and cancer.
Our runners have worked very hard in training and we are pleased they have completed the race. They have also helped us to raise awareness that about a third of the most common cancers could be prevented by eating healthily, being physically active and maintaining a healthy weight.
We are extremely grateful for all their hard work. They can now have a well deserved rest!
You may also want to watch:
It is still not too late to sponsor WCRF's British 10k London run team. You can visit www.wcrf-uk.org/sponsor or call 020 7343 4205.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 3 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 4 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 5 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 6 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 7 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
World Cancer Research Fund