Canal floddies recipe
350g potato, peeled1 medium onion, peeled10 sun dried tomatoes, finely chopped2 tbsp young lovage leaves finelychopped, optional25g self-raising flour1 medium free range egg, beatensalt and pepper to taste2 tbsp vegetable oil
You may also want to watch:
Coarsely grate the potato and squeeze out any liquid and press betweenkitchen paper.
Grate the onion and mix with the potato and sun dried tomatoes.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 7 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 8 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 9 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
Place the self-raising flour in a mixing bowl and add the egg. Mix well.Add the potato mixture to the flour and egg, season and mix well.
Divide the mixture into four and shape into rounds using an 8cm pastry ring.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the floddies. Reduce heat a little and fry, turning until well browned on both sides.
Drain on kitchen paper.
Place each floddy on a plate and top with a portion of hot mushy peas and a free range poached egg.
Garnish with finely chopped lovage.