Canal floddies recipe
350g potato, peeled1 medium onion, peeled10 sun dried tomatoes, finely chopped2 tbsp young lovage leaves finelychopped, optional25g self-raising flour1 medium free range egg, beatensalt and pepper to taste2 tbsp vegetable oil
You may also want to watch:
Coarsely grate the potato and squeeze out any liquid and press betweenkitchen paper.
Grate the onion and mix with the potato and sun dried tomatoes.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 9 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 10 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
Place the self-raising flour in a mixing bowl and add the egg. Mix well.Add the potato mixture to the flour and egg, season and mix well.
Divide the mixture into four and shape into rounds using an 8cm pastry ring.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the floddies. Reduce heat a little and fry, turning until well browned on both sides.
Drain on kitchen paper.
Place each floddy on a plate and top with a portion of hot mushy peas and a free range poached egg.
Garnish with finely chopped lovage.