Canal floddies recipe
350g potato, peeled1 medium onion, peeled10 sun dried tomatoes, finely chopped2 tbsp young lovage leaves finelychopped, optional25g self-raising flour1 medium free range egg, beatensalt and pepper to taste2 tbsp vegetable oil
You may also want to watch:
Coarsely grate the potato and squeeze out any liquid and press betweenkitchen paper.
Grate the onion and mix with the potato and sun dried tomatoes.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 5 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 6 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 9 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
Place the self-raising flour in a mixing bowl and add the egg. Mix well.Add the potato mixture to the flour and egg, season and mix well.
Divide the mixture into four and shape into rounds using an 8cm pastry ring.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the floddies. Reduce heat a little and fry, turning until well browned on both sides.
Drain on kitchen paper.
Place each floddy on a plate and top with a portion of hot mushy peas and a free range poached egg.
Garnish with finely chopped lovage.