Camden Ukip chairman says ‘Islam is organised crime’ comment is ‘backed up by Quran’
- Credit: Archant
A UK Independence Party (Ukip) candidate who made national headlines for describing Islam as “organised crime” says he does not regret making the comment and insists it is backed up by “quotations from the Quran”.
Camden Ukip chairman Magnus Nielsen, 64, who is bidding to become a councillor in West Hampstead, has made numerous posts on his Facebook page about the religion, including one in which he says “Islam is organised crime under religious camouflage”.
After the post was picked up the national press last week, Mr Nielsen spoke to the Ham&High about his comments.
He said: “I don’t regret anything I’ve said. Whatever I said, I say having taken proper study of the circumstance and everything I said can be backed up by quotations from the Quran.
“What I have not said is that all Muslims are criminals, I don’t believe that is true.
You may also want to watch:
“Islam is created by a man called Muhammad who was a gang leader of criminals and he justified his behaviour by saying he was instructed by god to behave that way.
“He was able to inspire followers to commit criminal acts using the justification of religion.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 8 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
“It is a hot topic. We’ve just had Muslim infiltration in Birmingham schools, we have Muslim rape gangs in the north of the country and we have Muslim patrols in Tower Hamlets.
“It has to be stood up against and nothing is going to happen until the public start electing people who are in a position to stem the tide.”