Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- Credit: Conor Macgregor
A motorist has been arrested on suspicion of drink or drug driving after a crash with a van on Saturday (July 31).
Police were called at just after 9.15am to reports of a collision in Camden High Street.
The driver of the car was trapped in his vehicle and treated at the scene before being removed from the vehicle and taken to hospital.
His condition has been assessed as non life-threatening, according to police.
He has been arrested on suspicion of drink or drug driving, dangerous driving and driving without insurance.
You may also want to watch:
Police, who say enquiries are ongoing, attended along with paramedics from London Ambulance Service and London Fire Brigade.
The van belonged to the Islington-based Que Removal Ltd.
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 7 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 8 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden
- 9 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
In a separate incident at about 3.20pm in Chalk Farm Road, a cyclist was left with "non life-threatening injuries" after a crash involving a motorist.