Camden Town has best curries as Indian chef comes top at British Curry Awards
- Credit: Archant
A groundbreaking Indian chef is officially cooking the best curries in the country.
Sabbir Karim, chef-patron of Namaaste Kitchen in Parkway, Camden Town, and Salaam Namaste in Millman Street, Bloomsbury, has been named best chef in both the British Curry Awards and the Asian Curry Awards.
In addition, Namaaste Kitchen, which is only two years old, and which cooked food from the different corners of India with its year-long Regional Food Festival, was short-listed for the prize of Best Restaurant in London and The City in the British Curry Awards.
Mr Karim, who recently put Gujarati-style vegetables and seafood on the menu, aims to challenge the common perception of what is meant by Indian food.
He said: “We want to open our guests’ eyes to some of the truly thrilling taste sensations that can be found across India but are sometimes almost impossible to find on UK menus.
You may also want to watch:
“We want to share these discoveries with our diners.”
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 5 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 6 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 7 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 8 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12