Camden Town has best curries as Indian chef comes top at British Curry Awards
- Credit: Archant
A groundbreaking Indian chef is officially cooking the best curries in the country.
Sabbir Karim, chef-patron of Namaaste Kitchen in Parkway, Camden Town, and Salaam Namaste in Millman Street, Bloomsbury, has been named best chef in both the British Curry Awards and the Asian Curry Awards.
In addition, Namaaste Kitchen, which is only two years old, and which cooked food from the different corners of India with its year-long Regional Food Festival, was short-listed for the prize of Best Restaurant in London and The City in the British Curry Awards.
Mr Karim, who recently put Gujarati-style vegetables and seafood on the menu, aims to challenge the common perception of what is meant by Indian food.
He said: “We want to open our guests’ eyes to some of the truly thrilling taste sensations that can be found across India but are sometimes almost impossible to find on UK menus.
You may also want to watch:
“We want to share these discoveries with our diners.”
- 1 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 2 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Camden's £50k Covid-19 fall in house prices bucks north London trend
- 4 Camden Covid-19 vaccine bus comes to JW3
- 5 Nazanin's family 'still waiting' and expect Iran ordeal to pass 2,000 days
- 6 Builders finish first block in controversial Hornsey Town Hall development
- 7 'Ejiofor leadership took significant steps to improve social care services'
- 8 Highgate residents challenge plans for 'intrusive' 16-metre 5G mast
- 9 Amazon Fresh convenience store without tills opens in Chalk Farm
- 10 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'