Camden Town has best curries as Indian chef comes top at British Curry Awards
- Credit: Archant
A groundbreaking Indian chef is officially cooking the best curries in the country.
Sabbir Karim, chef-patron of Namaaste Kitchen in Parkway, Camden Town, and Salaam Namaste in Millman Street, Bloomsbury, has been named best chef in both the British Curry Awards and the Asian Curry Awards.
In addition, Namaaste Kitchen, which is only two years old, and which cooked food from the different corners of India with its year-long Regional Food Festival, was short-listed for the prize of Best Restaurant in London and The City in the British Curry Awards.
Mr Karim, who recently put Gujarati-style vegetables and seafood on the menu, aims to challenge the common perception of what is meant by Indian food.
He said: “We want to open our guests’ eyes to some of the truly thrilling taste sensations that can be found across India but are sometimes almost impossible to find on UK menus.
You may also want to watch:
“We want to share these discoveries with our diners.”
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 6 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 7 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 10 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash