Camden Town has best curries as Indian chef comes top at British Curry Awards
- Credit: Archant
A groundbreaking Indian chef is officially cooking the best curries in the country.
Sabbir Karim, chef-patron of Namaaste Kitchen in Parkway, Camden Town, and Salaam Namaste in Millman Street, Bloomsbury, has been named best chef in both the British Curry Awards and the Asian Curry Awards.
In addition, Namaaste Kitchen, which is only two years old, and which cooked food from the different corners of India with its year-long Regional Food Festival, was short-listed for the prize of Best Restaurant in London and The City in the British Curry Awards.
Mr Karim, who recently put Gujarati-style vegetables and seafood on the menu, aims to challenge the common perception of what is meant by Indian food.
He said: “We want to open our guests’ eyes to some of the truly thrilling taste sensations that can be found across India but are sometimes almost impossible to find on UK menus.
You may also want to watch:
“We want to share these discoveries with our diners.”
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 3 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 6 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 7 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 8 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 9 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 10 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage