Camden Town fire: 40 firefighters tackle High Street flat fire
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to the a flat fire in Camden High Street this afternoon.
The whole of the flat above the old Allen Greenstein estate agent's shop on the corner of Plender Street was alight, but the fire brigade were able to bring this under control by five to two.
It took six fire engines and around forty firefighters working to bring it under control.
A spokesperson for the fire brigade said: "A first floor flat was destroyed by fire.
"The Brigade was called at 1256 and the fire was under control at 1352. Fire crews from Euston, Kentish Town, Soho and Holloway fire stations attended the scene."
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 5 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 6 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 7 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 8 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 9 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 10 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale