Camden Town fire: 40 firefighters tackle High Street flat fire
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to the a flat fire in Camden High Street this afternoon.
The whole of the flat above the old Allen Greenstein estate agent's shop on the corner of Plender Street was alight, but the fire brigade were able to bring this under control by five to two.
It took six fire engines and around forty firefighters working to bring it under control.
A spokesperson for the fire brigade said: "A first floor flat was destroyed by fire.
"The Brigade was called at 1256 and the fire was under control at 1352. Fire crews from Euston, Kentish Town, Soho and Holloway fire stations attended the scene."
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 10 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath