Camden Town fire: 40 firefighters tackle High Street flat fire
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to the a flat fire in Camden High Street this afternoon.
The whole of the flat above the old Allen Greenstein estate agent's shop on the corner of Plender Street was alight, but the fire brigade were able to bring this under control by five to two.
It took six fire engines and around forty firefighters working to bring it under control.
A spokesperson for the fire brigade said: "A first floor flat was destroyed by fire.
"The Brigade was called at 1256 and the fire was under control at 1352. Fire crews from Euston, Kentish Town, Soho and Holloway fire stations attended the scene."
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 4 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 5 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 6 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 7 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 8 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 9 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 10 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers