Camden Town fire: 40 firefighters tackle High Street flat fire
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to the a flat fire in Camden High Street this afternoon.
The whole of the flat above the old Allen Greenstein estate agent's shop on the corner of Plender Street was alight, but the fire brigade were able to bring this under control by five to two.
It took six fire engines and around forty firefighters working to bring it under control.
A spokesperson for the fire brigade said: "A first floor flat was destroyed by fire.
"The Brigade was called at 1256 and the fire was under control at 1352. Fire crews from Euston, Kentish Town, Soho and Holloway fire stations attended the scene."
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted