Camden Council admits: We can’t shut Fortune Green at night after all – because it has no gates
- Credit: Archant
Camden Council will correct a sign that says a park will be closed every day at dusk, despite it having no way to shut it.
The sign was put up by council workers in Fortune Green 10 days ago. The sign appears to be the same as others across the borough, with the name changed for the different parks.
However, at a full council meeting on Monday, Fortune Green councillor Flick Rea said the town hall has no way to shut the park, as it has no gates, prompting laughter from across the chamber.
She told the Ham&High: “It’s a very typical Camden thing to do. It’s very nice that there’s new signs but with this they appear to have done a ‘one size fits all’ policy, without any knowledge of what the park’s like.
“I don’t know how much it has cost us for it to be printed, and put up.”
You may also want to watch:
She told councillors on Monday that she had seen an angry letter from one resident unhappy about the new sign.
A Camden Council spokesperson confirmed they will be correcting the sign.
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
- 3 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 Nursery to open in former Highgate Barclays building
- 7 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 8 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 'More than a shop': Storm in a Teacup in 100 nation-wide small businesses