Camden Council admits: We can’t shut Fortune Green at night after all – because it has no gates
- Credit: Archant
Camden Council will correct a sign that says a park will be closed every day at dusk, despite it having no way to shut it.
The sign was put up by council workers in Fortune Green 10 days ago. The sign appears to be the same as others across the borough, with the name changed for the different parks.
However, at a full council meeting on Monday, Fortune Green councillor Flick Rea said the town hall has no way to shut the park, as it has no gates, prompting laughter from across the chamber.
She told the Ham&High: “It’s a very typical Camden thing to do. It’s very nice that there’s new signs but with this they appear to have done a ‘one size fits all’ policy, without any knowledge of what the park’s like.
“I don’t know how much it has cost us for it to be printed, and put up.”
You may also want to watch:
She told councillors on Monday that she had seen an angry letter from one resident unhappy about the new sign.
A Camden Council spokesperson confirmed they will be correcting the sign.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 Arsenal held by Aston Villa on final day of WSL season
- 5 Belsize cameraman remembers Jim Henson and The Muppet Show
- 6 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 7 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 8 Graham goal gives Tottenham win at Birmingham in WSL finale
- 9 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 10 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'