Camden to benefit from new all night weekend Tube service
- Credit: Archant
Camden residents will be among hundreds of thousands across London who will benefit from parts of the London Tube network running all night at weekends from 2015.
It has been announced that the Piccadilly, Victoria, Central and Jubilee lines will be the first to benefit from the new 24-hour weekend “night Tube” service, as well as the major sections of the Northern line.
Mike Brown, managing director of London Underground, said: “Our vision is for a Tube network and service that is truly fit for London and our customers in the 21st century – a better face-to-face service at our stations, a 24-hour service at weekends, with easier and more personalised ways to plan and pay for journeys, on and off our network.
“Rebuilt stations, new trains and signalling systems mean we are now running some of the most frequent metro services anywhere in Europe.
“To meet the challenge of London’s growing population and development, we must continue to invest and deliver even more efficiently in future.”
You may also want to watch:
Almost 20 stations across Camden will be open all night once the new service is up and running.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 4 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 5 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 6 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 7 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 8 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 Camden's deputy mayor ditches Labour to join Greens