Camden Council announce new ten-year £18.9m leisure centre deal with contractors GLL
- Credit: Archant
Camden Council has announced a new ten-year contract with the company which manages its leisure centres.
Despite pressure within the Labour group to bring services back in-house, last February the town hall decided it would continue to work with an external provider.
It has now announced that external provider will continue to be Greenwich Leisure Limited (GLL), under their Better brand.
The new contract covers five leisure centres - in Swiss Cottage, Talacre, St Pancras, Covent Garden and Kentish Town - and the council said it would see £18.9m generated for "improving leisure centres across Camden and other resident services".
It includes provision for GLL to provide up to 15 apprenticeships to Camden residents a year and guarantees £350,000 annually for projects targeting groups known to be less active.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Jonathan Simpson, Camden's communities boss, said: "We are committed to supporting as many residents as possible lead active and healthy lives and our leisure centres are key to this."
GLL chief exec Mark Sesnan said the company would be "proud to deliver" the services for the next decade.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 6 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 7 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 10 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash