Camden school mourns loss of teenager stabbed to death at party
- Credit: Archant
A Camden school has mourned the loss of a pupil stabbed to death at a house party.
La Sainte Union School (LSU) in Highgate Road, Dartmouth Park, announced the death of 17-year-old Shaquan Sammy-Plummer on its website this week.
Shaquan, of Finsbury Park, died after being stabbed in the chest last Friday during a fight at a party in Enfield.
He was a student at La Swap sixth-form consortium but was based at La Sainte Union.
The school is offering counselling to students who have been affected by the pupil’s death.
The announcement read: “The school is very sad to inform everyone in the LSU community of the death of one of our Year 13 students, Shaquan Sammy-Plummer.
“Our prayers and condolences go out to his family and friends.
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 3 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 4 Renaissance painting discovered in pensioner's bedroom sells for £255k
- 5 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 6 Camden woman in running for Miss Universe Germany
- 7 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Haringey
- 8 'Shambles': Haringey's parking website still full of problems
- 9 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 10 Crouch End mum wins Jamie Oliver's cooking show on Channel 4
“Please contact the school if you would like to know more about the counselling services we are offering our students who were connected to Shaquan in any way.
“May he rest in peace.”
Four people, two 17-year-old boys, one 17-year-old girl and a 46-year-old woman, have been bailed after being arrested in connection with his murder.
They will return to court in mid-March.
A 17-year-old boy arrested in connection with the police investigation into Shaquan’s death has also been bailed following his arrest.
He is due to return to court in late March.
A post-mortem examination found the cause of death to be a stab wound to the chest.
Formal identification is yet to take place but detectives are satisfied that the victim is Shaquan Sammy-Plummer.
An investigation into Shaquan’s death continues.