Camden Council confirms Santa is exempt from parking permit rates on Christmas Eve
- Credit: Archant
Camden Council has assured the public it won’t be charging Santa for parking his sleigh on Christmas Eve.
Responding to an FOI request on whether the town hall would be making him cough up for a business parking permit on December 24, it rebuffed any concerns he might be out of pocket by visiting north London.
The response said: “We’re looking forward to welcoming Santa to Camden this Christmas.
“He’s always generous to our residents. His sleigh is zero-emission. He always eats his mince pies and his reindeer eat their carrots. If they didn’t finish them for any reason, he would recycle the food waste.
“We’re pleased to say that Santa is fully licensed to spread festive joy and we are happy to confirm magic sleighs don’t need to pay parking fees.”
The Ham&High has not contacted Santa for comment, for obvious reasons.
- 1 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 4 Could Adama Traore be on his way to Tottenham?
- 5 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'
- 6 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 7 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 8 'Superior York stone’ to be laid in Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 9 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 10 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue