Camden Council confirms Santa is exempt from parking permit rates on Christmas Eve
- Credit: Archant
Camden Council has assured the public it won’t be charging Santa for parking his sleigh on Christmas Eve.
Responding to an FOI request on whether the town hall would be making him cough up for a business parking permit on December 24, it rebuffed any concerns he might be out of pocket by visiting north London.
The response said: “We’re looking forward to welcoming Santa to Camden this Christmas.
“He’s always generous to our residents. His sleigh is zero-emission. He always eats his mince pies and his reindeer eat their carrots. If they didn’t finish them for any reason, he would recycle the food waste.
“We’re pleased to say that Santa is fully licensed to spread festive joy and we are happy to confirm magic sleighs don’t need to pay parking fees.”
You may also want to watch:
The Ham&High has not contacted Santa for comment, for obvious reasons.
- 1 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 2 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 3 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 4 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 5 Revealed: The five most polluted places in Camden
- 6 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 7 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 8 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
- 9 Crouch End join cricketing and cultural exchange programme
- 10 Anorexia was nurtured and nourished by lockdown – and the media