Camden poppy sellers raise thousands for war veterans
POPPY sellers in Camden Town have helped raise more than £10,000 for war veterans. In 2007 one volunteer based at Sainsbury s in Camden Road managed to rake in £2,000 but that total was dwarfed this year when, with the help of a few more dedicated sellers
POPPY sellers in Camden Town have helped raise more than £10,000 for war veterans.
In 2007 one volunteer based at Sainsbury's in Camden Road managed to rake in £2,000 but that total was dwarfed this year when, with the help of a few more dedicated sellers, £11,330 was raised.
Peter Clapp, who helped organise the collectors, has called for more volunteers to come forward next year.
He said: "This is a splendid beginning, but it would be easy to increase this figure if there were even more collectors.
You may also want to watch:
"Every poppy seller has found the experience truly interesting and rewarding, so if you feel able to give some time to this worthy cause next year, please contact me as soon as possible."
Any volunteers can contact Mr Clapp on 020-7267 2445.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate