Camden poppy sellers raise thousands for war veterans
POPPY sellers in Camden Town have helped raise more than £10,000 for war veterans. In 2007 one volunteer based at Sainsbury s in Camden Road managed to rake in £2,000 but that total was dwarfed this year when, with the help of a few more dedicated sellers
POPPY sellers in Camden Town have helped raise more than £10,000 for war veterans.
In 2007 one volunteer based at Sainsbury's in Camden Road managed to rake in £2,000 but that total was dwarfed this year when, with the help of a few more dedicated sellers, £11,330 was raised.
Peter Clapp, who helped organise the collectors, has called for more volunteers to come forward next year.
He said: "This is a splendid beginning, but it would be easy to increase this figure if there were even more collectors.
You may also want to watch:
"Every poppy seller has found the experience truly interesting and rewarding, so if you feel able to give some time to this worthy cause next year, please contact me as soon as possible."
Any volunteers can contact Mr Clapp on 020-7267 2445.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 5 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 6 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 9 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 10 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods