Camden poppy sellers raise thousands for war veterans
POPPY sellers in Camden Town have helped raise more than £10,000 for war veterans. In 2007 one volunteer based at Sainsbury s in Camden Road managed to rake in £2,000 but that total was dwarfed this year when, with the help of a few more dedicated sellers
POPPY sellers in Camden Town have helped raise more than £10,000 for war veterans.
In 2007 one volunteer based at Sainsbury's in Camden Road managed to rake in £2,000 but that total was dwarfed this year when, with the help of a few more dedicated sellers, £11,330 was raised.
Peter Clapp, who helped organise the collectors, has called for more volunteers to come forward next year.
He said: "This is a splendid beginning, but it would be easy to increase this figure if there were even more collectors.
You may also want to watch:
"Every poppy seller has found the experience truly interesting and rewarding, so if you feel able to give some time to this worthy cause next year, please contact me as soon as possible."
Any volunteers can contact Mr Clapp on 020-7267 2445.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 5 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 8 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 9 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 10 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury