Camden on standby for Oasis
OASIS mania is due to hit Camden Town with the superband's performance at the Roundhouse. The council is already being forced to re-route traffic to deal with the thousands-strong swathes of fans attending the Sunday gig. From 6pm traffic marshals will b
OASIS mania is due to hit Camden Town with the superband's performance at the Roundhouse.
The council is already being forced to re-route traffic to deal with the thousands-strong swathes of fans attending the Sunday gig.
From 6pm traffic marshals will be in place on Chalk Farm Road directing motorists down side streets if the concert leads to gridlock and telling people where they can park.
Extra community safety officers are also being called in to ensure that crime and violence doesn't increase because of the increased numbers. And CCTV will be employed through the night to ensure nothing gets out of hand.
You may also want to watch:
Environment boss Cllr Chris Knight said: "Part of what makes Camden such an exciting borough is the number of big names like Oasis who play here throughout the year, which draw thousands of extra people to the borough. Our parking team plays a huge role behind the scenes during big events like this one making the roads safer, reducing congestion and keeping traffic flowing - benefiting residents and visitors alike.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep