Camden on standby for Oasis
OASIS mania is due to hit Camden Town with the superband's performance at the Roundhouse. The council is already being forced to re-route traffic to deal with the thousands-strong swathes of fans attending the Sunday gig. From 6pm traffic marshals will b
OASIS mania is due to hit Camden Town with the superband's performance at the Roundhouse.
The council is already being forced to re-route traffic to deal with the thousands-strong swathes of fans attending the Sunday gig.
From 6pm traffic marshals will be in place on Chalk Farm Road directing motorists down side streets if the concert leads to gridlock and telling people where they can park.
Extra community safety officers are also being called in to ensure that crime and violence doesn't increase because of the increased numbers. And CCTV will be employed through the night to ensure nothing gets out of hand.
You may also want to watch:
Environment boss Cllr Chris Knight said: "Part of what makes Camden such an exciting borough is the number of big names like Oasis who play here throughout the year, which draw thousands of extra people to the borough. Our parking team plays a huge role behind the scenes during big events like this one making the roads safer, reducing congestion and keeping traffic flowing - benefiting residents and visitors alike.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 10 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath